National Geographic Sea Lion Cruise Review

Whales were amazing

National Geographic Sea Lion Cruise Review by 111belle

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: Africa

The whale watching was amazing but we only went out 2 hours a day? We came to see whales, I expected to go out morning and afternoon. We were on a boat which was brought back 30 minutes earlier than the others. Why?

There was a lot of down time. I thought we would be going out more than once a day to look at the whales. I was expecting more time out on the water.

I would have liked more lectures. The few we had were short and disorganized.

The food was awful. This was our first experience with Lindblad and the other passengers said this was the worst food they had ever had. We would have been better off if they had been served sandwiches. Even the scrambled eggs were cold.

The staff was very nice and friendly. Especially Jonathan. He made an effort to learn everyones name and was very professional and efficient..

The ship was adequate. I wasn't expecting much, again I went to see whales. The cabins were small. We had one of the larger cabins most of the cabins had small bunks. There was a maid service daily.

There was nothing to do on board. It was a long way to go and expensive. I was disappointed. Based on this experience I would be reluctant to book a future trip.

111belle's Full Rating Summary

The cabin was small. We had one of the larger cabins with a double bed. Most of the other cabins had small bunks.

Next Review