3. Carnival Sensation
We chose this cruise based on price and sail dates. It was Thursday-Monday which made getting off work much easier. I was concerned about the boat after some of the reviews but soon realized it was much better. I think many of those poor reviews come from unrealistic expectations. This cruise was cheap and most people I spoke to booked it for value and in the end, it was a great value. This ship is old and despite constant cleaning and maintenance by the crew, she is starting to show her age but everything worked and there was no sewage smell as described in other reviews. Our ocean view room was basic but very clean. The food was delicious, though there were some misses in the main dining room. Honestly, they tried to hard with fancy dishes. The burgers on the boat were insanely good. We all had at least one per day. The burgers during the sea day brunch were out of this world, like shockingly good. As for service, everyone worked hard to show us a good time, especially at Alchemy bar. The crew was friendly and accommodating, not one bad interaction to mention. I feel the key is to go into this with realistic expectations, it's not a luxury trip. If you sit back, enjoy the sun, and sip on a cold drink, you're going to have fun. As for ports, our stop in Key West was cancelled due to an intense storm. Luckily the ship cleared the bad weather in a few hours and we ended up having a nice day. We got some money refunded and got an extra four hours in Cozumel which was great. If you're going to Cozumel the Chef Maestro's cooking excursion was awesome.

Good Experience on the Sensation

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by CB0341

CB0341’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sensation price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B
Basic but clean, no complaints, we didn't spend much time in the cabin.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins