3. Anthem of the Seas
Coming in from Toronto, Canada this cruise was a whole new experience. Usually we use the southern Florida ports like Ft. Lauderdale or Miami but we wanted to try something different. It was five of us all together, my wife and I and our 3 adult ages 17-23 daughters. One daughter was on a reading week break from university which made our decision for this cruise. We stayed pre-cruise one night at the Hilton Newark Airport. Nice clean hotel, good service and great little bar area for some Valentines day cocktails and food! The next day we took the shuttle from Unipark services I highly recommend them. No way an Uber XL could have taken all five us with luggage to the port. We also arranged for them to take us from the port to the Airport when we disembarked and that went smoothly was well. Arriving at the cruise port around 11:00 am was smooth hardly any traffic because it was a Sunday. After dropping off our luggage at the porters we headed into the terminal. It was a little chaotic. They were doing a little pre-screening for the coronovirus, basically asking us if we had travelled to China or been in contact with anyone from there and if we were felling unwell. No to all and we were on our way. I think we were on the ship in half and hour total. We headed to the Solarium right away and just relaxed. We had lunch in the Solarium Bistro and that was fine and plentiful. No crowds either. After Lunch we headed to our cabins our key cards were there. We were mid-ship 9580 and 9574 Balcony cabins. Excellent vantage point as we could use the Forward or Aft elevator equally or the stairs most of the time for exercise. The cabins are genius in there design for space. There was no problem for all our clothes and luggage. Our bed was right by the balcony which I liked. Our cabin attendant Dwayne introduced himself and he was excellent. Luggage arrived right after the Mustard Drill and we unpacked and got ready for the sail away under the Verrezano Bridge. Back into our winter gear so unreal to do this and on top of Deck 14 for the sail away. But first a real treat, the Captain was able to get special permission to cruise right by the Statue of Liberty twice! He went by it once and then stopped turned the ship around on a dime in the tight harbour and then went by it again. It was a great experience seeing the Statue of Liberty so close and in the sunset. After this we proceeded to the Verrezano bridge and whooped and hollared as we went underneath it. There were a lot of people on this cruise ship with President's week. It took a while to get used to it but there a lot of spaces to go and explore and do so it wasn't that bad. Unfortunately if you wanted a chair at the Solarium you had to be there at 6:00 am from what I saw. I saw some enforcement from the staff on some chair hogs but not enough from my perspective. But no matter I'm not really a pool person I just looked forward to the warm weather and it did come. The second cruise day was sunny and warm and most people were outside. The ship opened up now. I couldn't complain about the weather all our port days were sunny and warm average 84 degrees. We did the Kayak adventure in port canaveral. That was fun. The Blue Lagoon Stingray experience and Beach day. And of course Perfect day at Coco Cay. All beautiful days sunny and warm. And a few sunburns to go with it! There was a bit of disorganization for the Blue Lagoon excursion but staff were helpful in straightening out our wrist bands for the Blue Lagoon. Entertainment on the ship was second to none. As usual Royal exceeds here. We will rock you, the comics and headliners were all excellent. Not a big fan of Aerosmith but the cover band was ok. Royal Swedes were good as well. It was all good. No complaints there. The dining was excellent I think all our meals were fantastic. The staff and service were all good. I really think this made our trip. We didn't end up doing any specialty restaurants because the dining room was excellent. We didn't do the drink package as my wife and I are not huge drinkers but we did enjoy our cocktails at Bolero's and the Schooner bar as well as the Solarium bar for the most part. Those that did the drink package and you know who you are I don't miss those hangovers! We had so much fun on the bumper cars, iFly and Northstar it was truly amazing to do this at sea. Overall my family had a great time. From singing the Canadian National anthem at Matt Yee's first show OY! to line dancing in the Royal promenade it was a very memorable vacation and we were sad to get off the ship. It was a great time by all!

Had an excellent time despite a very full ship for President's week!

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by Boracay_Soul

Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2D
Nicely laid out. Bed by the balcony which I like as you can listen to the waves!
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins