3. Sky Princess
My wife and I, along with another couple, celebrated our anniversary on the Princess Sky. To begin, I really like the medallion program. It made a number of things easier including embarkation, getting into our cabin, and ordering drinks. We left out of Port Lauderdale. We showed up around 1:30pm and just about walked right on the ship. I rented a car from Hertz, since we had to fly into Orlando due to Super Bowl weekend. I dropped off my wife, luggage, and our friends and then drove two or three blocks away to drop off the car. That made getting from Orlando or Port Lauderdale easy. We have never cruised with Princess before so we were a little unsure of what to expect. Before getting into the details, I will say we would happily sail with Princess again. They met and exceeded our expectations. Overall the ship was great with plenty of activities and fit our relative relaxed lifestyle. Most other cruisers were older than us (we're early forties) and we were good with that. We liked our interior cabin. We felt like it had enough room and cabinet space for us. The bathroom, while not expansive, was large enough for us. We like the layout as the wall shielded my wife from me using the bathroom to get ready for the gym most mornings. Dining was excellent. While not quite as excellent as we've experienced with Celebrity, it was the closest we've experienced (we've sailed Celebrity, RCCL, MSC, and Carnival). The main dining room good was usually good to great. The servers were friendly. My only slight complaint was it did seem to take a little long. We like slow meals and this was a bit slow for us. This might have had to do with my wife needing to eat Gluten Free which I will say, they handled very well in the MDR and buffet. There could have been a few more options for her pastry wise in the buffet for breakfast though. We tried one of the specialty restaurants one night, Sabatini's. We had an enjoyable experience. The food was great and there was lots of it. The waiter asked if I didn't like my main course when I didn't finish it, but with all the courses I was trying to save some room for dessert. My wife and I agreed that this ship had the best buffet we've experienced. My advice for the buffet is to walk toward the back of the ship where there was more variety. I had the ultimate grilled cheese sandwhich which was amazing! We tried Alfredo's Pizza the last day. It was good pizza but not the best I've had. We only went to the entertainment one night. I don't go on cruises for the entertainment so I'm not one to judge, but overall it was good. The Jim Henson experience was pretty cool but not amazing. As I said earlier, there were plenty of activities going on throughout the ship from the usually dance classes to the unique Escape Room. My friends did that and were not overly impressed. I participated in the table tennis tournament which was fun and even learned to play pickle ball. The gym was big enough. First ship I've been on where the gym was on the side of the ship. I did appreciate the gym having an attendant that made sure equip was wiped down and guests had towels. The lack of a larger locker room was disappointing. Watching the Super Bowl on the lido deck was a cool experience. The large outdoor screen played several recent movies and some concerts. My wife and I splured for the Lotus Spa access. We felt it was well worth it. The spa on the MSC was slightly better, but we appreciated the complimentary robes and heated lounges. The service was great in all areas of the ship. I did hear a person or two comment on the lack of employees pushing the use of hand sanitizers. All the common area bathrooms were clean. I liked that drinks were never pushed by the servers. Thankfully after we got south of Cuba the weather turned warmer and sunnier. In Grand Caymen we took a taxi ($5 for two people one way) to Governors Beach. Very accessible and relaxing beach. The sign outlawing loud music won me over. In Rotan we went to West Bay which was a bit crowded and had a number of people, including kids pushing their souviners. In Hondorus, my wife and I went to Bacab Eco Park. The pool is large with plastic lounges in the water. It also had a nice water slide many people liked. Some people could kayak and others went horseback riding. I went hunting for pictures of birds and lizards. I got some decent shots and even saw a boa constrictor. Those riding on horseback said they saw some howler monkeys. In Cozumel we went to Nocchi Cocum. We've been to several places in Cozumel. This is one of the nicer places and felt it was worth the money to have the lounge chairs, large umbrella, food, and drinks. Disembarkation was also a breeze. Overall, I would definitely do this itinerary and ship again. We had a great time.

Great time aboard the Princess Sky

Sky Princess Cruise Review by RevScott

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Disembarkation was also a breeze.

RevScott’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sky Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IB
Nice layout for an interior room. I liked design to have the wall shield the light from the bathroom. Overall, enough room and storage for a seven day trip.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins