Magellan Cruise Review

The worst cruise ever

Magellan Cruise Review by Scott Fryer

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the British Isles & Western Europe

Saw an online deal that looked like good value for money, learnt a lesson, you get what you pay for. Below are a few reasons I viewed CMV so lowly.

1. Departed 1 day late due to storms which is ok but to miss two ports as a result of loosing one day wasn't explained.

2. Tv didn't work for the duration on cruise (14 day), reported daily and was informed it is a widespread problem and they are working on it. And was made to feel like I was inconveniencing reception each day when I asked about the status of the repairs.

3. The whole dining experience was exceptionaly poor, with all restaurants not meeting required food safety standards, I saw no evidence of temperature checks on food being conducted and it was rare to receive a meal which was hot and certainly not to the minimum required serving temperature of 60C. (I work as a food safety auditor) I would have no option but to close service if I was auditing the would service as temperature control were so poor which makes me wonder what was occurring behind the scenes.

4. The shows were almost laughable they were that poor, with one elderly lady commenting to me it was like going to her daughters school play.

5. The coordination of shore excursions was uncontrolled chaos.

6. Reported blocked cabin sink, soon after maintenance man turned up and confirmed it was blocked and left, 24 hours later managed to fix myself.

The guy looking after our cabin did a good job, however when we reported issues to him he would apologise and say I'm sorry they don't listen to us you are better reporting it to reception yourself. Felt sorry for the staff as they appeared not to be well supported by management.

I would never cruise again with company nor would I recommend to anyone.

Scott Fryer's Full Rating Summary

Layout and cleanliness ok but any maintenance required extremely poor as mentioned tv and booked sink not attended.

Scott Fryer