3. Carnival Horizon
Embarkation: Embarkation was a breeze we did not have any priority embarkation and from arrival to port till the time we got on the ship was only about 30 min at 1pm in the afternoon which I would presume to be one of the busiest times. App: The Carnival Hub app is the best cruise line app i've seen it's extremely user friendly and I loved being able to request a table from anywhere on the ship. Cabins: We had a Havana Premium Balcony as well as an interior room. The balcony room had a huge balcony but I would have liked more chairs the decor in the room was very nice. If you are staying in the Havana area I would reccomend a Havana Cabana instead. The interior room was quite basic but there weren't any problems although I would like USB ports beside the bed. The rooms were both very quiet. Staff: We didn't have any problems with the staff on board and for the most part they were quite friendly however none of them stood out to us and went above and beyond. Guys Burgers: Just as good as everyone says, one of the best burgers i've ever had. The only negatives of it would be the fries weren't anything special and lines were usually around 10-15 minutes. Sports Area: The sports area and clubhouse was very big but still quite crowded. The mini golf course was quite good but if your a serious golfer I would reccommend bringing along a ball as the balls provided are foam ones that aren't that great. Main Dining Room: We had our meals in the Meridian Dining Room which had pleasant decor. It was your classic main dining room food which was quite good. It took us about 1 hour and 15 minutes for meals. Comedy Club: The facility was very good with comfortable seating and good sightlines the comedians were good but will vary by sailing. Shows: The shows on the ship were terrible. We went to Soulbound and Celestial Strings and had to walk out of both of them. The performers weren't terrible but the coreography and story of the shows were horrendous. The theatre itself was very small with terrible sightlines as the seats aren't steep at all and there is big poles on the upper level. Bars: I am not a drinker but the decor in the bars were very nice I especially enjoyed the skybox sports bar. The virgin pina coladas on the ship were also very good and all cocktails came with candy straws. Shops: The shops were quite overpriced on the ship especially Cherry on Top if you do go there do not get the bulk candy it is stale and probably 5x the price you will pay on land. Ocean Plaza: The Ocean Plaza was a nice venue with a little breakfast buffet if your looking for a quiter spot. It doesn't have any pancakes or omelettes but if your looking for just a quick bacon and eggs or something it's a great option Buffet: I found the buffet on the ship to be quite better then other ships. Im not a huge buffet fan but the food was quite good although the options were limited. Expect 10 or so hot items at breakfast 12 or so hot items at lunch and even smaller selection at Supper. Pasta Bar: The pasta was good but nothing to great just your basic pasta dishes. Deck Chairs: If you are looking for a deck chair you probably want to get there before at least 10am and if you want one at one of the pools 8am. Main Pool: The main pool was very crowded but a nice area, we didn't spend too much time here. Waterslides: The body slide was very painful on the back and im not sure if you would be able to sit straight up on it. I preferred the tube slide although it was a fair bit slower. Pig and Anchor (supper) : The BBQ here is very unique in flavour usually a hickory flavour. We loved some of the stuff and hated some of the stuff. Havana Area: The Havana area is a very nice area to get away from the busy main pools with some really nice daybeds at the back. I would definitely reccomend if you can afford it. Arcade: The arcade was way bigger then any i've seen on a cruise ship with probably over 50 games and not a single one broken in comparison to Ovation of the Seas which only had about 15 games half of which were broken. They also have power hours which are half off games and it doesn't really get much busier at these times. Seaday brunch: The seaday brunch on the ship was very good. I would highly reccomend the french toast. Skyride: The skyride was very fun and you didn't really have to pedal if you don't want to it wont give you much more speed. Lines range from 20-50 minutes depending on when you go but will be shorter when it first opens and on port days despite the limited hours. Blue Iguana Cantina: Im not a big mexican fan but the burrito I had was quite good and they had lots of variety of salsas. Thrill theater: The thrill theater was the bets ive ever been on and I have been on over 10. It incorporated so many more elements then any other one ive been on im not going to spoil them but its well worth the $5.50 cost Imax: The Imax wasn't really an imax but just a large movie screen which played recently released movies as well as documentaries. I think the new releases were $11.50 while the documentaries were $5.50 Pizzeria Del Capitano: The pizza is very good thin italian style. The lines were long but moved very quickly. Our itinerary was the 6 day to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel Ocho Rios: We did the blue hole, river tubing, and zipline which was about $125. The blue hole was absolutely beautiful. It is a tour with 4 jumps ranging from 5 feet to 25 feet and 1 rope swing its not on your own schedule at all and you cant do the same jump twice or just swim in the pool. It takes around 45 minutes. The river tubing was more of a river float that most of the time you had to paddle yourself to go anywhere it was very beautiful though. The ziplining was only 3 zips but 2 of them were very long it didn't feel like the safest zipline but it was still fun. I would reccomend this excursion Grand Cayman: We took a shuttle taxi to seven mile beach for $5 where we went to Royal Palms Beach Club which is $2 entry and has a pool as well as cabanas for rent that cost $100 to $300 and sell out over 2 months in advance lots of days. There are also lots of chairs and umbrellas for i think $10 a chair and $15 an umbrella. The beach is the best beach ive ever seen and you could snorkel right of the shore. At the beach club you can rent snorkel equipment, kayaks, paddleboards, and jet skis. There is also a snorkel excursion available for $45. Food and drinks are quite expensive but very good. I would highly highly reccomend the Royal Palms Beach Club and 7 mile beach. Cozumel: we did the adventure jeep snorkel and tequila which was about $110. The jeeps were closed tops with broken stereos and no AC in the back although I think we got the worst of the group. The drive was mostly just a 20 minute highway drive to Ponta Sur where you drive down the beach. The snorkelling was way better then most reviews say and I wouldn't skip out on it. The beach is also very nice but there is some seaweed. The food was not very good. The lighthouse had an amazing view from up top but there are some tight spaces to crawl through. The mayan ruin was very fascinating and our guide Danny was veyr informative. We did not see any crocodiles. Overall, I would reccomend this cruise but I wouldn't say its the best cruise ever.

Carnival Horizon Feb 2020