• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Selion
6-10 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin: Concierge Class 1

Where do I start? We really wanted to like Celebrity, alas it wasn't so. A little background about our cruising history: this was our 6th cruise on 5th cruise line, and first time on Celebrity. Other cruises were on NCL, Princess, RCL, and twice on MSC. We were looking forward to this short weekend cruise on Celebrity Infinity given Celebrity's reputation and accolades. We left thoroughly disappointed. I'm focusing this review on embarkation, dining, service, disembarkation and cabin. We missed most of on board entertainment so I'm not factoring that into this review.

We arrived at Port Miami around 11am. There was no line and we were in Concierge rooms, so there was a separate rope-line for Concierge check-in. First misstep of many happened here. We were a group of 4 in two staterooms and I wanted to pay all on board charges with a single credit card. The young lady directing us to check-in agents said they can only do 2 people at a time. What? I didn't insist since agents were available and there was no wait. When the agent was setting up my stateroom's on board account, she said the system can't process it because my card was tied to another room, my parents'. I ended up using another card. When we finished, I asked the agent why all 4 of us couldn't check-in together and we were told only 2 at a time, she said that wasn't true and they check-in families all the time. At the time I just thought "oh well" and went up the escalator to board the Infinity! And that was almost the highlight of this short short cruise.

Concierge Class 1

We had 7208. The room itself was a standard balcony room. Nothing special. Storage space was pretty limited. For cruises longer than 7-nights you'd probably need to use their laundry service because closet can't hold more than that for 2 guests. What really set 7208 apart was the depth of its balcony. The balcony was almost as deep as the cabin itself. There were 2 chairs, 2 loungers, and a round table on the balcony. Majority of the balcony was covered, and plenty of sun where the loungers were at.

8 Helpful Votes