3. Carnival Horizon
I’m a player. I usually cruise for free on RCL and Norwegian; however, I paid to be on this Carnival Horizon because I like where they go, and Carnival is a fun ship. But I am so disappointed with casino. FREE DRINKS only when you are sitting at the slots or table. You can’t go to the bar and order. You must wait forever for a waiter to take and then get you drink. There is a 15 drink limit per day, and you must wait at least 5 minutes between drinks. You need 2,500 points to get the free drinks. PREMIER PLAYER CLUB only works on past cruises. You must reach at least 7,500 points to get into the club for some nice free perks. The points must be earned in one cruise. However, you don’t get any of those perks during that cruise if it is your first time into the “club. For example, by day 3 I reached the 7,500 goal. I’m on a 8 day cruise. I don’t get any of the perks on this cruise. The casino staff did not make this clear to me until AFTER I made the goal. Then they were rude to me about it saying they had told me it would be on a future cruise. I didn’t book a cruise to be treated rudely or like a child. NON SMOKING IS ALMOST NON EXISTENT. The Horizon has a very small non-smoking section. And people smoke all around the non-smoking section so it’s like smoking anyway. The ventilation is only okay. This is TERRIBLE for anyone with COPD or asthma. SKIP THE CASINO. 1 out of 5 Lungs. 1/5.....Don’t cruise on this ship if you gamble and have COPD or asthma. The ship itself is nice. It has a good spa, and nice cabins. The food is good. I’m just very, very disappointed with the casino.

CASINO BLUES....Bad non smoking section and rude casino boss

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review by LungGuide

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Cloud 9 Spa Interior

LungGuide’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Horizon price drops

Cloud 9 Spa Interior
Cabin 4T
Small but the location is great. This room has no window but it is close to exits and elevators. It is quite. It is on the same floor is the spa, and because it is a spa room you get free access to the spa facilities including the red light room.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins