3. Liberty of the Seas
Embarkation was well organized and fast. Rooms are showing their age and are in bad need of a facelift. The buffet is the windjammer, should be called the people jammer, on sea days it’s absolutely gross in there, people everywhere, hard to find a table. The sit down dining was hit and miss, great one night and bad the next and the staff was the same. We had some great waiters and some duds. One dinner the waiter left and was gone for over 1/2 hour. We finally got up and left. But like I said , there were some really good waiters too. One thing I felt could be better on the cruise is that they could offer the odd free glass of wine or champagne. To buy booze on the cruise , forget it, ridiculous pricing. Prior to the cruise I tried to get some wine but liquor stores are closed Sunday’s in Galveston . But to purchase the alcohol package on-board was $68/day/person. They love to upcharge everything on these cruises. We found the entertainment very good and enjoyed it, good talented shows. We were dissapointed the cruise line didn’t warn us of the dengue fever outbreak in Jamaica, not a peep, found out on the news when we got home. Also the extra sanitizing they say they are going to do on the ship Due to the corona virus was a joke. Some floors, the carpets weren’t vacuumed the entire week. There was not extra cleaning done, the same streaks on the elevator walls were there all week. I would say an elevator would fall under the umbrella of high traffic area that would of been cleaned at least once, but was not. Sorrentos is gross, tables are so tacky you stick to them. Just a bunch of kids running it that could care less. Snacks were good at cafe promenade but seating are was very dirty. Dishes and food laying around, dirty tables. Around the dining in the main dining rooms, they need bus boys cleaning up as the waiters clean off dirty dishes then serve you your meal with all that on their hands. This likely explains why my wife became very sick the day after we got home. You can see why the cruise ships have Nora outbreaks, the waiters are the transmission part of outbreaks. Since we have other cruises to compare too, we wouldn’t go on this ship again, not the worst cruise but far from the best. Consistency is lacking from day to day and person to person. Like I mentioned earlier the restaurants are grossly overloaded with people on sea days. They need to have 500 less people on the ship. It really gets disgusting when dining and people are constantly eating in the buffet lineups and then licking their fingers and then grabbing the serving tongs which I now have to grab that have your slobber all over them now. It really surprises me that some cruise lines still haven’t figured out how H1N1, or norovirus outbreaks happen on these ships and don’t seem to take measures to curb it. You can sanitize all you want but if people are eating in the buffet lineup, pretty well a waste of time to wash before eating isn’t it?? Anyway the cruise was just ok, we won’t be back to this ship, might try a brand new one of theirs when it rolls out.

Good entertainment

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by ROBITAIP

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

We found the entertainment very good and enjoyed it, good talented shows.

ROBITAIP’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2D
Getting tired. Needs an update badly.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins