I choose this cruise because of the destinations. I did not know this was the ship for retirees. The majority of passengers were above the age of 70. EMBARKATION was smooth and luggage arrived at your door quick time. FOOD great. Very tasty. Ariel, the chef made us smile and laugh every day. He certainly made up for the countless other staff with serious faces. Most did not even offer "Good morning. How are you today?" (So unlike the friendly crews on Carnival.) STAFF not very friendly. Could be because of the language barrier. Hamda our room steward ALWAYS inquired if everything was OK with us. Cabin well cleaned. ENTERTAINMENT in the showroom was good. Other entertainment lacked variety. Same performers piano/singing/violin each night. ACTIVITIES were not numerous but I guess they were suitable for the senior clientele. The Explorer lounge took care of that because of the copious supply of games and puzzles available to pass the time. PORTS: I booked my own shore excursions at a much cheaper price. Key West was extremely interesting. I must return. Half Moon Cay was idyllic. Paradise. Oooo! I will not go with Veendam again. I want more onboard activities when I cruise. The pace on this ship was just too slow for me but I don’t know whether the other HA ships are different.

Plenty time to wind down.

Veendam Cruise Review by TriniHotfoot

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Large Interior Stateroom

EMBARKATION was smooth and luggage arrived at your door quick time.

TriniHotfoot’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Veendam price drops

Large Interior Stateroom
Cabin M
Clean. Well kept. Everything in the room was in order except that the highest temperature setting was still too cold.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins