3. Carnival Elation
Mid winter 50 TH birthday cruise on the Carnival Elation, Some good, some bad and some real ugly. For the record this was my families 8 TH Carnival Cruise since 2013 and our 12 TH cruise overall. This ship is in desperate need of the dry dock scheduled for next month. I was surprised on how much rust was on the exterior of this ship but not all was bad. We had two rooms E-52 & E-56 and also we were with of group of 38 people in 14 different room, all of which I helped to book, all good friends on mid winter recess from New York State.This was the third cruise in three years that I've help book over 10 + rooms for our Mid Winter recess in February. We will start with the Good: The food, from the MDR (breakfast, dinner & sea day brunch) to Guy's Burgers as well as the Blue Iguana you can't go wrong. The Cruise Director Alex, outstanding job, He is full of energy. The Cowboy Comedian at Punchlines Comedy Club, one of the best I've seen !! Book him long term on all your ships !! The Cabin Stewards, absolute great job once they realized we were upgraded to there block of rooms that they were taken care of. The Itinerary, 5 night with port of calls to Amber Cove & Grand Turks. The Bad: The smaller size boat with less bells & whistles. Not having any additional for charge restaurant options on the cruise. (no steakhouse) Guest Services, no real managers, just a bunch of folks reading what the last representative wrote on the computer screen from previous visits to the guest service desk. Much smaller shopping area. Terribly small Serenity deck that had black soot from the smoke stake dropping on guest utilizing this area. The smell of sewer in hallways on all different decks during the 5 night cruise. The Ugly: The super strong smell of sewer that kept backing up into our stateroom cabin bath room vent and drains. This started right after the mustard drill and got progressively worse. We called and they sent a guest service representative to see for herself, she almost got sick. They said they would send someone to sanitize the bathroom and a plummer to hopefully fix the problem. Day number two this smell got even worse, Went to the guest service desk to complain and they said they will try to fix the problem again and I said that I would like there rooms manger to please come and see for him or herself. Then then admitted that this has been an ongoing problem with this room E-52 and wouldn't be able to fix this until it was in dry dock. They would need to move us to a lower floor, only room available was on the Riviera deck and give us a $200 we are sorry for the bad experience in on board nonrefundable credit. Which we were OK with but it meant leaving our 17 year old son and 18 year old nephew alone three floors up. We trust them so we accepted the move to the Riviera deck R-195 and to be away from that horrid smell. Next comes the ugly, the next day a different customer service representative called to ask if we were satisfied with the way things were handled, We told them that we are still upset and that we do not see the on board credit to our account.The women who was speaking to my wife on the cabin phone stated that it wasn't Carnival's policy to move rooms and give on board money credit, she told my wife that she must be making this all up. My wife was livid being basically called a lair by this representative. We have now wasted over 4 hours dealing with this situation and moving rooms. When it was all said and done we were given the on board credit because the manger who was helping us failed to write this up correctly on there guest services computer. No apologies were offered by the representative for her bad choice of not being a not so good guest relations employee by saying my wife was wrong. If they would've communicated correctly they could've avoided making a bad situation even worse. I felt we were very reasonable and just wanted to be dealt with professionally. I hope someone from cooperate Carnival reaches out to us, I would like them to explain why my family should be loyal to the Brand and someday Cruise a 9 Th time on one of there ships. With so many cruise lines, I'm not sure I will be back without a proper apology from someone from the corporate staff.

Disappointed with Carnival Cruise # 8

Carnival Elation Cruise Review by RobbPolo143

We will start with the Good:

The Cruise Director Alex, outstanding job, He is full of energy.

The Itinerary, 5 night with port of calls to Amber Cove & Grand Turks.

The Bad:

The smaller size boat with less bells & whistles.

Much smaller shopping area.

The Ugly:

RobbPolo143’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Elation price drops

Interior
Cabin 4D
Cabin E-52 on the Empress smelled like sewer to put it mildly.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins