• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin: Interior
Traveled with children

Mid winter 50 TH birthday cruise on the Carnival Elation, Some good, some bad and some real ugly. For the record this was my families 8 TH Carnival Cruise since 2013 and our 12 TH cruise overall. This ship is in desperate need of the dry dock scheduled for next month. I was surprised on how much rust was on the exterior of this ship but not all was bad. We had two rooms E-52 & E-56 and also we were with of group of 38 people in 14 different room, all of which I helped to book, all good friends on mid winter recess from New York State.This was the third cruise in three years that I've help book over 10 + rooms for our Mid Winter recess in February.

We will start with the Good:

The food, from the MDR (breakfast, dinner & sea day brunch) to Guy's Burgers as well as the Blue Iguana you can't go wrong.

Interior

Cabin E-52 on the Empress smelled like sewer to put it mildly.

Port Reviews

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

I worked in Central Florida for many years and know the area very well.

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata)

Did not take a tour stayed at Carnival's entertainment complex right at Amber Cove pier. Great day to sit by the pool and have a few cocktails - It was my 50 Th Birthday !

Grand Turk

We Love Grand Turk Beaches !! Had a great time with Friends and Family in that beautiful turquoise warm water of the Caribbean. When I think of Caribbean, what comes to mind first is Grand Turks !!

2 Helpful Votes