3. Regal Princess
Ocean now is cool for ordering beverages, but non-alcoholic drinks were limited on this. I could not use it for a non-alcoholic beer. There was no place to make any notes about order. But it is cool that your first drink delivered on Ocean Now (under $12) is FREE! So don't neglect checking it out. Frustration: two sisters in same stateroom. All the venues just asked stateroom number and many times put items on wrong account even when we specified clearly which account. Other random items appeared on account and I had to remove. I heard one lady saying every day 2-3 drinks appeared on their account which were not theirs, and they had the drinks package! So some glitches still on medallion. I find it helpful to use the medallion app to check daily on my account. Don't wait until the end of the cruise when you cannot remember. We went to book the Sanctuary for a sea day. I waited until boarding because I wanted to use onboard credit. MISTAKE. All sea days were full in Sanctuary. We did it one morning on a port day instead. Lovely, comfortable, quiet place to relax for only $20 for half day. That's only $5 per hour! Next time I will book before we arrive. They also have a special lunch menu, some of the best food I had onboard was here! Our excursions were both pretty lame. Clear-bottom kayaks at Princess Cay. We were in a lagoon in about one foot of water. No fish anywhere. We saw only 2 starfish and one jelly fish. I wish we had been able to be in a deeper area which actually had some fish to see! For St. Maarten our ship was so late, 3pm! We had a privately booked excursion but had to cancel because of arriving so late. So we got on the ship's "Under 2 flags" tour. Boring. Stops were a few minutes at one overlook, a few minutes at a place all the busses stopped convincing us to buy fresh ice cream (which I heard was good) which was overpriced, and 20 minutes only in Marigot at an open market where people were closing down for the day, but did stay open a bit longer for our busses. At least I got to step on the French side and got to buy a few island style dresses for my grandchildren. The Club Class dining room had excellent service. I heard so many good things about Alfredo's pizza place but was extremely disappointed. At least there was no charge for that. The only really bad and bordering on rude service I received was at the bar overlooking the back of the ship. Yes, they were busy, because it was embarkation time. But that is no excuse for rudeness. Most everyone was really nice everywhere else and really tried to do their best to give fantastic service. I would cruise on this ship again. But I wish they would have dance hosts so ladies traveling without a man could dance! Cruise ships used to do this. And they need to fix some of the glitches with the medallion. Ideally, each server can scan the medallion so 2 people sharing the stateroom do not have the problems we did.

Great trip. Loved it, but a few improvements could be made.

Regal Princess Cruise Review by TwinCruiserLady

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Premium Club Class Mini-Suite with Balcony

Our excursions were both pretty lame.

The Club Class dining room had excellent service.

TwinCruiserLady’s Full Rating Summary
Get Regal Princess price drops

Premium Club Class Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M1
Nice. Extended balcony was still pretty small, but adequate for 2. I wish it had been big enough for lounge chairs. Room air conditioner didn't really get room that cool, but often we had the balcony door open anyway. The beds were comfortable, but the duvets were pretty warm. I would have liked to just move the blanket off and sleep under a sheet, but this was not possible with this kind of covering.

We had a safe, but the instructions had long since been worn off so we did not know how to use it. But we just hid our money and had no problems at all. I don't think any money would have been taken even if we had left it out in plain sight.

Princess provides shower gel and shampoo/conditioner in pump containers in the shower. I found the shampoo/conditioner to be the worst I've ever used, and I'm not picky about shampoo generally! So I suggest if you have long hair or hair that tangles, bring your own shampoo and conditioner. For really short hair it is probably fine.

As is typical on cruise ships, there were not enough outlets. We both brought things to plug in but they didn't fit right, the way the outlets were facing. I cannot remember details. But we were able to plug a few things into an extension cord.

If you have a CPAP machine, you will need to bring a long extension cord. The outlets are not anywhere near the bed(s).
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
    We had time before our home flight so we went to Ft. Lauderdale Beach Park. It was pretty nice but water was too rough that day to swim and it was a bit cool. Very nice beach. Lounge chairs $18. Umbrellas $25. No concessions but there is a market across the street with expensive sandwiches.
    View All 1,987 Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Review
  • Glass-Bottom Boat Cruise
    View All 9 Glass-Bottom Boat Cruise Reviews
  • Kayaking
    Since this survey does not specify glass bottom kayak, I am putting this review in both places. Did glass bottom kayak adventure. Lame. Saw 2 starfish and 1 jelly fish. We left early. Only 1 foot of water. It was in the lagoon. We should have been taken to deeper water where there were fish. Imagine we filled out a waiver and wore a life vest in water one foot deep! Ridiculous.
  • Island Tour
    We arrived so late that our privately arranged excursion was over, so we booked one last minute with the ship. Couldn't see much. Very boring, Our big stop was 20 minutes in Marigot where an open market was starting to close down. At least I was able to buy dresses for my granddaughters. Other stop was to ride a free carousel and be pressured to purchase fresh ice cream. It was expensive. I didn't want ice cream but I heard it was pretty good. Tiny, tiny portions! What a waste. I really had hoped to see something of the island, but mostly I saw traffic and most of the views were on the other side of the bus where I could not see much.
    View All 384 Island Tour Reviews
  • St. Thomas
    Took a taxi to Coki beach for snorkeling. Lounge chairs only $5. Beautiful beach. Servers bringing food and drinks, but food was at least $15 and not good, very limited selection. A non-alcoholic drink would have been $10! I skipped it. Snorkeling was nice. Lots of fish right where we were swimming because people were feeding fish with dog biscuits. Very nice beach to lounge on. If you have your own food and drinks, it's fantastic! towels for rent $3 (good because I forgot mine). I would go back to Coki beach, but I would make sure I brought some food with me because I didn't like their greasy, spicy food. No admission charge. Taxis come often. Cost for taxi from port to Coki beach is $9 for one person or $12 for two. Not bad.

We also did some shopping around port area. So many jewelry stores. Free charms or jewelry at some. Many stores have the same or similar items (like clothing) at different prices. Some negotiate and some do not. Shop around. Jewelry store dropped 75% off price of a ring my sister wanted! She eventually bought it.
    View All 4,783 St. Thomas Cruise Port Reviews