Viking Star Cruise Review

Norway!!!

Viking Star Cruise Review by Peglog80

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: Norwegian Fjords

My husband and I have always wanted to see Norway. We both have Norwegian DNA. It is also a place that neither one of us has been before. The ship and our cabin were immaculate. Our cabin stewards anticipated our every need. All of the Viking employees were wonderful. We enjoyed the port talks and all the lectures they offered. Our favorite excursion was the husky dog sleds. We also got to see the National Reindeer Races in Tromso! We missed going into Bodo and seeing the maelstrom because the seas were too rough. We understand that safety is first and we appreciate that. We were told that the ship hasn’t been able to get into Bodo in months so I would think they would re-evaluate that destination and maybe add another one. We are grandparents and love children but we very much enjoyed that there were no children on board. I also enjoyed no casino, smaller number of passengers and smaller boat. It enabled us to meet so many new people. We loved Bergen and would have enjoyed more time there. We enjoyed all of our tour guides although the guide on the way to Polar Park concentrated on global warming and her mental health which was not what we expected to hear on a one hour bus ride. We would have enjoyed hearing more about Norway and the area we were riding through. We absolutely loved our cruise and it was the first time we have done Viking.

Peglog80's Full Rating Summary

Beautifully appointed. Great bed and very comfortable bedding. Spotless. Plenty of drawer space and I loved that the closet lit up . Loved the make up mirror and area in the desk. Never had to use our adaptors. Great balcony and used it when the seas weren’t to rough. The bathroom was awesome. Largest shower I’ve seen on a ship so far. Wonderful heated floors! I love the products Viking supplies. We were able to get two large and two carry on suitcases under the bed.

Peglog80