3. Majesty of the Seas
We were terribly disappointed in this cruise. It's the fourth ruise overall for me, my second on Royal Caribbean. But it was the first cruise for my friend, and based on our experience, she says she will never cruise again. I will never cruise with Royal Caribbean again. Embarkation was overwhelming. There was just a mass of people with no one to indicate where the line was or where you were supposed to go to get in line. It took an hour to get onto the ship. Once on the ship,there was no staff direct you where to go or what to do until your staterooms were ready. People were just wandering around carrying their luggage. The food in the main dining room was good, but the buffet food was very poor. Excursions were very poorly organized, and the information given on the ship was very different from the information given to us once we reached the excursion's guide. I had gone to the excursion desk the night before our excursion to see if there was anything in particular we needed to take. I was told no, it was all provided. But once we got there, we had to rent all kinds of things that we had actually brought with us on the trip . But because we had not been told we needed to bring them with us , they were still in our room. The guest relations desk personnel we're not helpful with anything. Any question I asked they referred me to somebody else, who also didn't have any answers. I won't go so far as to say the personnel at the guest service desk were rude, but they definitely weren't friendly or helpful. We spoke to other people on the ship and everybody had experienced the same treatment from them. Disembarkation was even worse than the embarkation. The ship was an hour and a half late docking, but they had neglected to tell us that. Everyone arrived at the disembarkation deck at the time we had been told in a newsletter left in our rooms. Because we were so late docking, we had to stand for an hour and a half waiting to get off the ship. The hallways and stairways were so packed nobody could get up or down to go to their staterooms, and the elevators couldn't be used because nobody could get off the hallways were so packed. The worst thing is that I had booked another cruise for the fall with Royal Caribbean before I took this cruise. My experience was so poor, that I have decided not to go on that cruise. I contacted Royal Caribbean multiple times about refunding my deposit. It seems that since my cancellation of the cruise was not due to a fault on my part, but due to the fault on Royal Caribbean's part that they should refund my deposit. It didn't seem right that I was going to be penalized for Royal Caribbean providing poor service and a poor cruise. they have absolutely refuse to do anything including refunding my deposit. They will only state that this is " company policy". Needless to say, I will never cruise with Royal Caribbean again and I certainly won't be recommending it to any of my traveling friends.

Terrible disappointment

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Mariaanderson

The food in the main dining room was good, but the buffet food was very poor.

Mariaanderson’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 3V
The cabin was fine. It was what I expected for an interior room. Our cabin Steward, Martin, did an excellent job.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

There was absolutely no area set aside for adults only. Hot tubs were all taken with small kids as none were designated for adults.