• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

MaxTraveler
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin: Fantastica Balcony Stateroom

My wife and I recently cruised on the MSC Meraviglia. I was very anxious to experience this ship since we had a very good time on the sister ship MSC Seaside a few months ago. I hardly ever write a negative review but there were some significant differences in the two experiences.

First of all... it is a beautiful ship. Not as elegant as the Seaside but a step up from other cruse lines. We have cruised almost all other cruise lines at some point over the last 20 years. Embarkation and demarkation was relatively easy and quick. Also, our room was ready on time and the luggage was delivered quickly.

Since we had cruised the Seaside we were not expecting great food but this ship was even a bigger letdown. We only ate twice in the main dinning room and did not want to go back since no one at our entire table liked the food. Some things... even like soup was not eatable. I know this is strange to some folks but we normally really like buffet style dinning. The problem was the food was just okay. There was nothing outstanding. The biggest issue was that every day was basically the same thing for.... breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The service was not as good as expected as well. They did have a button on the table... supposedly for drink service but seemed to only work sometimes or very slowly.

Fantastica Balcony Stateroom

Would have been really nice without the sewer odor.

Port Reviews

Miami

NA

Belize City

Snorkeling was great. The boat was way too crowded. Couldnt even move around.

Costa Maya

Really nice day. Great boat, crew and experience.

Roatan

Destination was great. The transportation was terrible.

2 Helpful Votes