• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Enchantment of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
4 Awards

Staff made Christmas Cruise. Ship not so much.

Review for Enchantment of the Seas to the Western Caribbean
jfslcruise
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin: Junior Suite
Traveled with children
Breakfast on our balcony Christmas morning in Cozumel.
Crew singing in MDR
Christmas Tree in Centrum
Start of 70s party

This was a family vacation consisting of parents (54 & 53) and daughters (20 & 16). The primary reason for picking this cruise was that it fit a compressed holiday schedule. This was our eighth cruise (4 RCI, 3 Celebrity & 1 Carnival). My wife and I enjoy drinking and prepaid for the Deluxe Drink Package. I also bought the internet Surf & Stream package for 4 devices (cheaper to buy with one log-in for four devices vs. 4 individual packages). We had My Time dining and I pre-registered for our seating time well in advance. I also prepaid tips.

We drove to Galveston the day before departure and stayed at the Tremont. I booked this hotel because they had a deal where you could park your car and take a shuttle to the cruise terminal on embarkation morning.

The Tremont is a pretty nice hotel with very high ceilings. My wife and I scored an upgrade to a one-bedroom suite while the girls were just around the corner in a standard two-queen double.

Junior Suite

Loved the aft view and expansive balcony. Bit of soot but it was cleaned daily. Furnishings and fixtures showed signs of wear, but everything was kept clean.

I never noticed any vibration.

Port Reviews

Galveston

Spent night in Galveston night before at Tremont Hotel.

1 Helpful Vote