3. Norwegian Jade
The ports were cool on this trip through Asia, starting in Singapore, going to Bangkok, Cambodia, Vietnam then Hong Kong. But I wasn't crazy about this ship. I can't think of a single meal I had on the trip that was very good. Not even a desert. The menu began to get pretty predictable and nothing that was repeated was that great, although the service was very nice in the Cafe Pacific. They have some great movie channels on the ship for sea days with first run movies, so that was nice. And they have a couple of cable news channels so you can keep up with news, which was important because I was on the ship during the early days of the Corona Virus. Which brings to mind that so many people on the ship were coughing that at times it felt like a sick ward, but no one seemed to do anything about it. My room porter was particularly bad on this trip. She even broke a connection in the bathroom one day while cleaning my room which resulted in flooding the floor of my bathroom. When I returned to the room she told me about the flood and didn't seem to be working on it until I told her that it was urgent to fix it. She also broke the clothing line in the shower which was important to me and I again had to ask her to repair it more quickly. The room was comfortable and the air control was good. It was nice and quiet and the refrigerator was actually cold. The blow drier worked well. The balcony had a weird metal frame around it so it detracted from the feeling of having a luxurious balcony, but it was functional and once you stepped out onto it, it was fine. Getting off the ship for an excursion was ridiculous - the worst of any cruise I've taken. One time it took them two hours extra to let us off the ship to explore. Many of the ports were packed with activities so this was a major inconvenience. And it didn't just happen once. It was a regular thing. It made you feel like you were more at a bus station than a nice cruise ship. The lines at the front desk were also particularly bad on this ship. There wasn't much rocking on this ship on this Asia route, which was nice. Breakfast room service was reliable although not a full menu. If you want anything other than fruit, cereal, coffee, etc. you'd have to pay $7.95/person. The robe in the room is nice. There's a USB port and light above each bed. There's a safe. The crew works very hard. I was disappointed that the casino was almost always closed or empty. I usually enjoy a little blackjack from time to time on a cruise but could not find a table with two other people on it at any time in the cruise (with the exception of one night when there was no table available because they were all in use). Very disappointing. I usually enjoy the entertainment on NCL but the entertainment was very trite on this ship. If you like America's Got Talent losers then you are set because that's who they have ... every night. Literally. Really. I've been to Tepanyaki on other NCL ships and this one was sad. The guys are fake smiling and singing, pretending to have fun but you can tell they are going as fast as they can to get through their shifts. On the Pearl they did a thing where they throw things and you catch them, other fun stuff, but on this ship it's just guys making corny jokes and singing together to pretend they're having fun. The food was good but it was like being at a bad dinner party. Not a fan of this ship at all.

One of my least favorite cruise ships of 9 - food and logistics not good

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by leslied2

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

The lines at the front desk were also particularly bad on this ship.

There wasn't much rocking on this ship on this Asia route, which was nice.

The crew works very hard.

Not a fan of this ship at all.
leslied2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC
I liked my cabin. It was quiet. It was connected to the next room but there wasn't an inordinate amount of noise from their cabin. Overall, I was quite happy with the cabin (although not with the porter).
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins