MSC Divina Cruise Review
1,756 Reviews

Trapped in a cattle market

MSC Divina Cruise Review by Edoflaherty

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean

We chose this cruise because of the places it visited in the western med and we heard it was suitable for kids. It was not...!

Things got off to a bad start when we boarded. Staff were fighting among themselves to get their commission on drinks package sales. We went up to the kids club and found out it couldn’t be used for several hours until safety drills and completing a 3 page waiver per child!!

We went to get some food and cake across our first cattle mart of the trip. There wasn’t a table in sight and staff were clueless. It was a total nightmare and we regretted our decision to go msc immediately. The restaurant was FILTHY and the food appalling. If you want to catch a disease then this is the place to do it...!

It was the worst quality food since I was a child. The accountants are definitely in charge here with the cheapest of the cheap. I looked up msc annual report during the cruise and they boast great operating margins... they are spending pennies I’m on terrible food.

The safety demo was a joke. We were marched around the ship wearing life guards with nobody afterwards knowing what to do or where to go in an emergency.

Cabin was ok but we paid a lot for ours. Couldn’t sleep with the noise from upstairs bars. Getting a premium cabin is no good if you can’t sleep all week!

We went to the theatre on a few occasions to see what was on. Each time there was bingo in 5 languages!!!

Kids club is horrific. It’s filthy for a start and the most activity they got there was chasing a balloon. They’re is nowhere for kids to play on this ship. No slides/climbing frames.

Water slide on board is only for kids 8+. No kids pool and all pools are packed and there is no shade available.

The worst experience was my wife being denied boarding at the end of the trip. We registered a credit card to our account on second day. I left just ahead of my wife with our youngest child and went into bus. My wife unknown to me had been physically blocked leaving due to an open balance on our account. She was humiliated with young children by security officer. In another country msc would be sued for character defamation. Our children were crying while 5 security officers surrounded my 5ft3inch wife!

Msc don’t care about you. Once the doors are shut they try to squeeze every penny off you and give you nothing in return. AVOID!!

Edoflaherty's Full Rating Summary