Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by ashstreet

• Sail Date: Jan 2020
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom 9

Two years ago I booked 3 back to back cruises on the "recolutionzed" Celebrity Millennium.

The cruise started in Singapore on Janusry 18,2020.

I was so impressed by the beauty of the decor, the layout of the ship, and how comfortable my inside cabin was.

As cruise affiocnados all know, things do not always turn out as expected: the corona virus changed our plans. The January 18th cruise unfolded as advertised, but by February 1st the people I met and I all knew that the corona virus was a serious, world-wide issue.

And on February 8th, we sadly read that the cruise would come to an end on the 10th.

We wwre lucky. No one on the Millennium was hit by the corona virus. The staff used gallons and gallons of sanitizer, and the ship was cleaner than most people's homes.

But above all was how hard the Millennium employees worked to make our unplanned departure as easy as possible: we were allowed to make free phone calls, a bank of computers were set up so that we could make alternate flight plans, and someone from the Millennium team was always around to answer our questions and help us. I have never seen anything re customer service at this high level in my entire adult life.

At this point, while I sit in my condo jn Victoria B,C. writing this review, and thinking that today I should have been enjoying a Saturday in Saigon, I am also thinking that Celebrity Cruises has my undying loyalty.

A huge thank-you to everyone on the Celebrity Millennium, and in the U,S. offices, for all your efforts. I wish you all the best that life has to offer, and cannot wait to return to the Millennium in April 2121 for 2 back to back cruises.

ashstreet's Full Rating Summary

Inside Stateroom 9

The inside cabin had everything I need.

Boracay

Did not take an excursion. Went wirh some other passengers to White Beach...charming resort area, beautiful beach. Had coffee at the new Hotel Feliz.

Manila

Did not take an excursion. Walked to the beautiful old Manila Hotel for coffee....stunning interiors, and there is an art gallery featuring the works of local artists and artisans.

Hong Kong

Took the shuttle to the nearby Hollywood Mall,then the subway to the Hong Kong side (called Central), then bus 6X to Stanley Market......beautiful drive around Repulse Bay on the way there.

Nha Trang

Did the shio's city tour....everything as advertised: religious sites, beautiful views, the town market...

Singapore

I spent 5 nights in Singapore before the cruise. My favourite sites were Gardens by the Bay and the Night Safari at the zoo.

ashstreet