Magellan Cruise Review

Comfortable but room for improvement

Magellan Cruise Review by ejones153

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the British Isles & Western Europe

The destination of the Amazon was the principle criterion for selecting this cruise. I also thought I was not paying a single supplement but came across more than half a dozen couples who jointly paid less than me so I feel duped.

The onboard entertainment was a mixed bag. But lints is missing some performers. I walked out of some shows as there are only so many songs that I could cope with being sung out of tune.

Food was plentiful and some people were clearly only there for the food. No steaks just stews and casseroles. Chicken legs not breasts so all cheaper cuts.

Staff very friendly except my cabin steward who was grumpy and not versed in customer care. I doubt they are well paid but they certainly work hard.

Disembarkation was a shambles. Shore excursions were excellently managed but the most critical was unforgivably bad. We arrived late and because I was using coach transfer I was subjected to an additional two hour delay resulting in missed connecting arrangements.

ejones153's Full Rating Summary

The cabin was roomy. Basically a double for single occupancy. I had to put my case under the bed open as it was too deep to have it closed. Wardrobe space was good as was the number of drawers. On the downside I had requested a double bed. It took a couple of days for them to put the beds together and put a double bottom sheet. They retained two overlapping single duvets instead of a double duvet. I found this unsatisfactory. Also although I had a window I had no access to fresh air. I shut off the air conditioning and avoided the cough that afflicted the vast majority of passengers.

Rotterdam

Good excursion despite the rain and outside tourist season

ejones153