Vision of the Seas Cruise Review

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by ExCaliCruisers

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite

Accessible junior suite was nice, out cabin steward was very attentive to our requests.

The room service was always on time, but never properly delivered what we ordered. We ordered a banana each morning, never received one and instead we got an apple. It was impossible to find a banana anywhere on the ship, curious given all the ports we visited that grow bananas. I even asked the dining manager in the Windjammer about that. He said he would check and get back to me, I am still waiting.

The Windjammer was undoubtedly the worst buffet I have ever been to. Tried to eat there for lunch twice and the offerings were poor at best. Never had breakfast there after walking through and seeing what they had to offer. How does a buffet not have bacon?

My time dining in the main dining room was awful, ended up leaving and going to specialty restaurants on all but one night. The host and dining room manager provided no customer service at all. The specialty dining was hit and miss as well. Izumi did not have any Sapporo beer in stock. One night we went and ordered, they delivered something completely different than what was ordered. Chops was good with the exception of the night we went after we left Izumi. We ended up leaving there before we received our mains since service was so lacking. Giovanni's was spot on every time we visited.

Bar service in the main bars was excellent. Service at the pool deck was awful. I decided to sit there one afternoon to see how long it would be to see how long it would take for a server to ask me for a drink. After 90 minutes with no luck, I gave up and decided to go to guest services. I asked them if I should lower my expectations for service and treat it as get your own drink. I also told them that there were plenty of people walking around trying to up sell drink packages and dining packages, but nobody to take a drink order. Their response was pretty much yes. This made it easy for us to decide this was the first and last time we will cruise Royal Caribbean.

Shore excursions

St. Thomas – We booked with Royal to go to St. John. It was a great excursion.

Martinique – Royal canceled last minute, saying logistical issues. It was really that not enough people signed up for the tour. So we booked our own version with a local cab driver. Ended up saving money and having more options.

St. Lucia – We booked with Royal, was a nice tour of the island with a stop at a local Batik shop.

Barbados – We Got off and hired a cab for the day. Ship excursions offered were lacking.

ExCaliCruisers's Full Rating Summary

Junior Suite

Martinique

Royal cancelled our excursion.

St. John Tour

Nice tour to St. John.

View All 195 St. John Tour Reviews

Hired local driver for the day.

View All undefined undefined Reviews