3. Westerdam
I love Holland America more than ever! The first two weeks of the journey visiting Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam were spectacular! Then the (Coronavirus) hit the fan - and changed everything. We became a ship without a port after leaving Hong Kong. It was a terrible situation for our ship's captain and crew, and all of us travelers onboard, especially first time cruisers. They did everything possible to help us eventually disembark in Cambodia, the only country that would let us in. Personally I loved our 11 days or so at sea, and actually felt we were kept safe from exposure to the Corona virus. The entire crew and staff on the ship and then in Cambodia were awesome. We became a floating global village at sea. The crew went above and beyond the call of duty as did the entertainers (except for one disgruntled comedian) I have done many many media interviews since disembarking in Cambodia, being put up in a 4 star hotel all expenses paid and being tested for the dreaded COVID-19 virus. Orlando Ashford, president of HAL, flew out to Phnom Penh and then to the port where staff and some passengers were still awaiting test results and reservations to get home. It was an honor to meet him. We are very privileged to be able to take such exotic cruises, and being refugees at sea for less than two weeks, hopefully instilled some compassion and understanding of the millions of refugees all over the world that don't have a luxury liner protecting them from harm. I cannot say enough about what a great job HAL did under the circumstances. World travel is unpredictable and real travelers know to expect the unexpected, embrace some uncertainty and roll with the changes. I feel blessed to have been part of this experience. We will never forget. Maybe someday we will get to visit Japan. Many thanks to the Westerdam Staff and Crew! Cheers to my fellow passengers. Deep bow- Namaste

We survived and thrived on the Ship without a port odyssey

Westerdam Cruise Review by Holleyho

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
I love Holland America more than ever!

Then the (Coronavirus) hit the fan - and changed everything.

Many thanks to the Westerdam Staff and Crew! Cheers to my fellow passengers.

Deep bow- Namaste