3. Explorer Dream
We wanted a short cruise before summer and thought we'd try this new cruise line. WE paid quite a lot for a balcony cabin but there was not much space in there. Embarkation etc was very quick, no problems at all. Staff were very friendly and plenty of staff available. Food was a definite weak spot. Most food was Asian, not to our taste, but the so called Western food was not good at all, in fact we called this out Jenny Craig cruise as I am sure we lost weight !! The entertainment however was another matter, and it was the best entertainment we have seen on 13 cruises. The shows were spectacular without exception and the day time quizzes etc quite good too. If this cruise line comes back to New ZEaland next season I hope it rectifies a few things. One thing, is the gratuities,. which have to be paid before they would give a cabin confirmation. Visiting ports was disappointing as often we only had 2 or 3 hours ashore. WE arrived at Napier for instance late afternoon when all the shops were closed. . I wouldn't choose this cruise line again.

Poor value