3. Independence of the Seas
I took this cruise as part of a small conference group. The expedited check in worked great. However, if someone had never cruised before, they could find it confusing as one does not receive information other than to keep walking. Disembarkation was fine. I chose to book the $15 bus back to the airport, and we were off quickly. No concerns at all. Our group had the late dining. This is my preference when I cruise on vacations and enjoy the time. Our area was never set up when we sat down. I do not know how much of this was due to some early diners staying late, but I am not use to walking in and seeing piles of dirty dishes in the servers area as they tried to get certain tables set up (table 261 and others). The servers were wonderful. The cabin was clean and made up promptly each day. The activities, such as the trivia games were fun. There is a nice fitness center on board, walking area (deck 4), and the jogging area (deck 11). I did not take any shore excursions. One note. I am use to seeing cruise ship employees cleaning the ships nonstop. This ship seemed to have less of that than previous cruises, which surprised me. I prefer ships that are sparkling.

A Nice Cruise with a Few Caveats

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Packieudx

The cabin was clean and made up promptly each day.

I did not take any shore excursions.

Packieudx’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 2N
This is an ocean view cabin. I enjoyed the location, as it was not right by the stairs or elevators. There were two of us in the cabin, and we had plenty of room. As with most ships, there are only 2 outlets in the room for charging laptops, iPhones etc (I was on attending a conference so my cabin mate and I had more electronics than if it was a vacation).
Deck 3 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins