Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review
1,874 Reviews

Rocking and rolling and early morning noisy

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by SandyontheSeas

• Sail Date: Jan 2020
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah 2B

Southern Caribbean cruise was offering 3 of the 5 ports which we hadn’t visited before. 2 sea days up front and 2 sea days returning. 5 port days in a row was tiring, but port 4 we hadn’t booked an excursion (St. Kitts), and we found it was quite a bit nicer than we remembered from 10 years ago. Excursions were booked mostly on our own and one through the ship. All were excellent.

I suffer from sea sickness and thought I came prepared with my patches, unfortunately, this cruise was rolling far more than I had ever remembered. This was my 5th cruise. I will never book a cabin toward the front of the ship ever again. On top of the movement, (literally rocking in bed), early morning arrivals were very noisy. I could hear what sounded like anchors and the engine - not happy when you have had a rough night sleeping. The ocean was worse for movement than the sea, but probably just a bad month on the water. At least we got to all of our ports - a previous cruise missed Antigua. I must also mention our steward, Raphael, was terrific. Any requests we had, he responded quickly.

The main dining room food was for the most part, excellent. And we lucked out with our table mates next to us. The girls were such fun and we hope to see them again. Our dining room staff, Randolph, Inna and Nannad (I apologize if I have misspelled any names) were attentive and delightful. Our sommelier was ill for a few days and we had Paul (we had Paul in Blu on a previous cruise) and he was as attentive as always.

We found certain bars on the ship, if you didn’t get there when they opened, impossible to get a seat, but just shows how popular they are. Martini bar being one of them. The same with the nightly entertainment- we tried to go a few nights, but all seats were taken. We did watch the Super Bowl in the theatre - that was fun too.

We celebrated a milestone birthday this cruise and all restaurants (The Porch and the MDR) and staff went out of their way to make the birthday girl feel special!

Future cruise staff were helpful, and we booked our next cruise - only 563 days to go!

Embarkation and disembarking was seamless. Staff at the start were fun and certainly kept our spirits up. Staff at the end were just as nice and we were sorry to have to leave.

Looking forward to our next cruise to Alaska!

SandyontheSeas's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah 2B

The cabin was as expected. I had a couple of special requests and everything was looked after. We did have what we felt was a partial obstruction and we were told there was no obstruction. From our balcony there was approximately 5 feet of white ledge running from the front of the ship to about 4-5 rooms beyond ours. As I mentioned earlier, early arrival ports were very noisy. Front of the ship not a good place to be if you suffer from motion sickness.

Sulphur Springs Mud Bath

Boat and land tour. The day was long, and the beach by the Pitons was very busy with not a lot to offer. The staff were great and kept us laughing. Rum punch was very good too!

View All 63 Sulphur Springs Mud Bath Reviews
St. Kitts (Port Zante)

We enjoyed just strolling around town visiting the various shops. It had changed so much in the last 10 years.

Island Tour

Our private driver Joyce was out to make sure we had an enjoyable day. We had a few special requests as to what we wanted to see, and she was very accommodating. We had lunch on the French side, there were some roadside markets, and we had lots of time to shop on the port side. It was a very nice day.

View All 437 Island Tour Reviews