• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Celebrity Reflection Review

Editor Rating
81 Awards

Rocking and rolling and early morning noisy

Review for Celebrity Reflection to the Southern Caribbean
SandyontheSeas
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah 2B
Full rainbow arriving in St. Maarten
Leaving St. Kitts, the moon over the water at dinner.
Seafood lunch at The Porch. Excellent!
Happy birthday to one of our group, celebrating a milestone and the staff w

Southern Caribbean cruise was offering 3 of the 5 ports which we hadn’t visited before. 2 sea days up front and 2 sea days returning. 5 port days in a row was tiring, but port 4 we hadn’t booked an excursion (St. Kitts), and we found it was quite a bit nicer than we remembered from 10 years ago. Excursions were booked mostly on our own and one through the ship. All were excellent.

I suffer from sea sickness and thought I came prepared with my patches, unfortunately, this cruise was rolling far more than I had ever remembered. This was my 5th cruise. I will never book a cabin toward the front of the ship ever again. On top of the movement, (literally rocking in bed), early morning arrivals were very noisy. I could hear what sounded like anchors and the engine - not happy when you have had a rough night sleeping. The ocean was worse for movement than the sea, but probably just a bad month on the water. At least we got to all of our ports - a previous cruise missed Antigua. I must also mention our steward, Raphael, was terrific. Any requests we had, he responded quickly.

The main dining room food was for the most part, excellent. And we lucked out with our table mates next to us. The girls were such fun and we hope to see them again. Our dining room staff, Randolph, Inna and Nannad (I apologize if I have misspelled any names) were attentive and delightful. Our sommelier was ill for a few days and we had Paul (we had Paul in Blu on a previous cruise) and he was as attentive as always.

Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah 2B

The cabin was as expected. I had a couple of special requests and everything was looked after. We did have what we felt was a partial obstruction and we were told there was no obstruction. From our balcony there was approximately 5 feet of white ledge running from the front of the ship to about 4-5 rooms beyond ours. As I mentioned earlier, early arrival ports were very noisy. Front of the ship not a good place to be if you suffer from motion sickness.

Port Reviews

St. Kitts (Port Zante)

We enjoyed just strolling around town visiting the various shops. It had changed so much in the last 10 years.

1 Helpful Vote