Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review

Excellent Vacation

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Kimol0321

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

This was my 3rd cruise and my husband's first cruise. We were both hesitant bc we go to an All Inclusive every year. We weren't sure if we would enjoy a cruise as much as we enjoy an AI. But we did! We had a great time.

My husband was in awe when he first saw the ship. There were over 6,000 guests on the ship, but we rarely felt crowded. On sea days the pool deck was crowded, but we just made the best of it.

The food in the MDR was excellent. The desserts were absolutely delicious. The servers, Ronald and Damien, were spectacular. We enjoyed seeing them each evening as much as we enjoyed the food.

Our cabin steward, Buster, was great! He kept our room cleaned and supplied the entire trip.

We ate at one specialty restaurant, Giovanni's. My husband had the veal and he raved about it all week. He said that this was the best veal that he had ever eaten. Our server, Selah, was so friendly.

I must say that the staff makes this trip. They are all so friendly, outgoing and just wonderful men/women to talk too.

A few hiccups -

- The men/women in the white shirts were not as friendly as the "regular" staff. Rarely did someone in a white shirt say hello or even smile which was just the opposite of the "regular" staff. My comment to this is - they are not setting a good example for the employees that are under them. I always respect a boss that practices what he teaches.

- The towel game. I know this cannot be rectified. We have the same problem at the AI's that we go to. But people, come on, if you are not going to use a chair, don't save it. I was on the deck from 9am-4pm. There were 4 chairs saved that were beside me. Not one person ever used these 4 chairs. How rude!

Ports of Call - I think the ship should give more information at the ports. We are beach people. We got off in Labadee and went to the beach. Well we were on the rocky side (not knowing there was a calm side). After 2 hours, we went back to the ship b/c we couldn't get in the water. Once back on the ship, I looked out the window and realized that there was a calm side to the island. I wish I would have known that.

In Falmouth, Jamaica we booked the Royalton Hotel for a day pass. We were over 45 minutes late getting to the resort, but we still left at the scheduled time. So we paid for 4.25 hours, but only got 3 hours. Our last stop was Cozumel. What a beautiful island. I wanted to do a beach / hotel for the day. We opted to ask a taxi driver to take us somewhere, but that didn't work out. But I have no one to blame, but myself.

Overall, we will take another cruise in the upcoming year. If we wouldn't have already had an AI booked for later this year, we would be going on another cruise now.

Looking forward to cruising again!

Kimol0321's Full Rating Summary