3. Carnival Sensation
My wife and I went on this cruise for our 25th Anniversary. The itinerary was Grand Turk, Princess Cays and Nassau. We embarked on the ship quickly and our room was ready as soon as we boarded the ship, Our luggage was waiting for us when we boarded. The excursions were all great. We ate in the dining room most of the time we were on board the ship, but we did eat at the Burger bar and buffet a couple times. The dining room was very nice and for the most part the dining room staff was very attentive to our needs and desires. For our 25th anniversary dinner (happened to be elegant night) we ordered the filet. It was a little rarer than I like it, but very good. The food on the buffet was good, we only ate there a couple times. The only complaint we had about eating in the dining room was during breakfast, the hash-browns were fast food style round patties. Everything else was above expectations. Note, I have read a lot of the reviews on this ship and set my expectations low. The room was normal for a ship this age, all the linens were great, the sheets felt comfortable, they were always clean and our porter was always attentive. We ordered room service a few times and it arrived quickly and was always fresh. The bathroom was kept clean (multiple times a day I would like to add), the water pressure and temp was sufficient. The room and public areas smelled fresh, not overly perfumed and the cruise director was great. In Grand Turk we did an excursion Reef, Rays and Cocktails. It was a great excursion. The crew was on top of everything and we always felt safe and we had a great time. The reef we snorkeled was incredible and the even though it took a little while for the rays to show up, it was great interacting with them in the wild. The drinks were great and the rum is really strong. During our time at Princess Cays we hung out on the beach and snorkeled, we brought our own snorkeling equipment and did it at our leisure, ended up spending over an hour and a half exploring the shallow reef off the beach, we saw a lot of different fish and the reef is really coming to life, it appeared to be a fairly new man-made reef. Lunch on the island left a little to be desired, the burger was really under cooked. In Nassau we decided to tour around the island and ended up at the Tortuga Rum store, sampled some rums and ended up buying quite a bit of rum to take home. We had a good time just exploring the area around the port. The people were all great. Overall I pleasantly surprised by our trip on Carnival Sensation, so much so that we got home and booked another cruise on this ship with the family. This time we are going to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios we leave in a few days. We've taken quite a few cruises and reading through the reviews on this ship I was truly disappointed with the reviews, it seems like most people just want to complain about every least little thing.

Great Time