3. MSC Armonia
First because it was scheduled to go to Cuba but that changed and we couldn't go to Cuba. Another reason was the cost, it was a reasonable cost for 7 days. Our first excursion was on Jamaica at Ocho Rios and was a fiasco. The disorganization to get our packages for the tender etc was terrible. We had to assemble in the theater and wait for our number to be called to collect our package and sticker number. Next we had to wait for our ticker number to be called to be escorted to the exit for the tender. We were very late for our cooking class but since we had booked through the cruise line, we were still able to 'do' it. It was not worth the money. The tender to shore was difficult to board bot at the dock and again back to the ship. The 'captain' of the tender did his best but it was difficult. We were worried for the next day in George Town as we had another excursion planned and needed to get our own tender ticket. We did not book through the cruise line and this experience was also horrible. We were in line at 7am for a 9am excursion. Luckily we had called the company the day before and explained that we might be late. We barely made the shuttle to the stingray/snorkel and starfish beach trip. The walk from where we were left from the ship and to the excursion point was blocks and blocks away. Thankfully we made it. The LONG wait in the HOT sun for the tender back was also a bummer. The food was sub-par. The Oso Bucco and the Prime Rib on Friday and Saturday were the best meals of the 7 day cruise. The rest of the food was just so so. Some of the staff was rude while others tried their best to be helpful. The entertainment was the same cast of singers and dancers every night. The only variation was the songs that were sung and the dance steps. Never been on a cruise with no 'headliner' per se. They did a good job considering their limitations but it was the same thing over and over. The announcements were hard to hear in the cabin. I had to open the door to hear them. I had to ask every night for a room service breakfast menu. I like coffee in the morning! It was delivered one day to the wrong cabin! I was told that my writing was bad and it was my fault. Hmmmm. The pools only have a side straight ladder to get in or out. It is difficult if you have any issues with mobility. I did it one time. I was looking forward to more pool time but I was not gong to try to get in and out again. The pools are a 6 foot deep hole. the other end, separated by a divider that you can not get passed is about 10 inches deep. The hot tub is for 7 people and you have to wait your turn. (I did not attempt it) Lots of kids jumping in and out of the pool. An area for adults only would have been welcome. Maybe if they rehab the ship they will consider this. After the MAJOR plumbing problem for the entire ship, (someone had flushed a tshirt) there was a smell that just would not go away. It was awful. The smell was all over the ship at different times. The plumbers were in their overalls working all over the ship trying to fix the issue. If they had disposable overalls that they could take off after being in the food areas I would have felt more comfortable. The had sanitzer stations were empty most of the time and we had to tell them to refill them. In addition, the bathrooms near the dining room were out of soap too. The Armonia is the oldest ship in the fleet and sadly, she shows her age. . .

The SS Bungle

MSC Armonia Cruise Review by fraanticfran

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom – Fantastica

Another reason was the cost, it was a reasonable cost for 7 days.

The LONG wait in the HOT sun for the tender back was also a bummer.

Some of the staff was rude while others tried their best to be helpful.

The Armonia is the oldest ship in the fleet and sadly, she shows her age. . .
fraanticfran’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Armonia price drops

Interior Stateroom – Fantastica
Cabin I2
Room was a handicap room and was spacious. Unfortunately, there were problems with the toilet not flushing at times. We had to wait over an hour one morning for it to be fixed. After the MAJOR plumbing problem for the entire ship, (someone had flushed a tshirt) there was a smell that just would not go away. It was awful. The smell was all over the ship at different times.
Tormalina Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins