• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Le Laperouse Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Very good exploration trip!

Review for Le Laperouse to Antarctica
dehaank
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin:

It is my second attempt to explore and visit the New Zealand subantarctic islands. 2 years ago, I was on the Spirit of Enderby which I am going to call "SoE". That trip was booked by a travel agent which I trusted. The result however was something I never do again. I can't handle SoE. Sharing a small room, small shower, toilet that isn't allowed to flush toilet paper etc etc.. well, you get the idea. I am 6'10" tall and diabetic and after just 1 day and actually nice weather: Seasickness, hypo's, bad pain in the back, not good. I was able to leave the SoE expedition.

If anyone is okay with that ship, that's fine. I find the ship something you can't relax on and that did it for me.

So here we go, Le Laperouse which took most of the destinations SoE offered on their voyage.

Comfortable enough to me. Just, I don't get it why the toilet is split from the shower area but it's definately a good cabin which I can stay in for 2 weeks. Being on deck 3 also means that items don't move around too much.

Port Reviews