3. Celebrity Constellation
This is the first time my wife and I have sailed with Celebrity. We were extremely lucky to apply for an upgrade, MoveUp programme, and stayed in the Sky Suite Class. Whilst the cabin was tired and under whelming, if honest for the price, the staff associated with this level of cabin were outstanding. From the cabin staff and Butler to the private lounge we felt everyone took a personal interest in us. This was also very prevalent in the Luminae Restaurant, dedicated to suite class guests, where staff had time to get to know us better and care for our specific interests. The quality of the food and drink in this restaurant was exceptionally high as was the presentation and table service. Under our circumstances, returning to Dubai, the Suite class concierge and her manager, were outstanding and we can’t praise them enough. You only know how good a ship, and it’s staff are, when it encounters a serious incident. The coronavirus was such a global incident and we felt Celebrity dealt with the risks extremely well. We returned home safe and sound with there kind help. I like the production shows, so a little disappointed they only did four full ones. Over 15 days I don’t think that’s enough and solo singers are interesting but should not be the norm, in my opinion. That said, the four shows we did see were outstanding and of a very high quality. We booked the shore excursions in advance, and were horrified to see the price change. We feel the excursions are overpriced and, whilst the itinerary was good, a number were spoilt by either a language problem or an inability to hear, over the traffic. The latter was especially disappointing because the guide was outstanding, but we just couldn’t hear her. This could easily be remedied by supplying headphone, we certainly paid enough. We understand the ship, the Constellation, goes into ‘dry dock’ in two more cruises, and this is much needed. I would love to travel again on the updated ship to see the transformation and see the bigger smile on staff faces.

The ship may be tired but the overall experience outweighs that

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Paudmar

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Celebrity Suite

Paudmar’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Celebrity Suite
Cabin CS
Like the ship overall, the cabin was tired and in urgent need of updating. The colours are dark and the bathroom disappointing.
The balcony was just about large enough for us both to lay out with a glass of wine.
It was always maintained well by staff.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins