3. Sky Princess
We spent 2 weeks on the Sky Princess and had an overall terrific time. There were a few issues, but nowhere near enough to ruin our experience. As another reviewer has said here, many of the earlier complaints appear to have been fixed as the ship and crew got their sea legs. But I hope most of these will not stop people from cruising on this ship. Not to harp on the negative, but some of the complaints voiced by others are laughable. I wasn't crazy about all of the food or entertainment, so most of those complaints are fair game. Yes, you have to get to the theatre and lounges early to get good -- or any -- seats. That's the way it is. Note to future passengers: you have been warned! I didn't care for the 5 Skies show and 1 tasteless segment of 1 of the couples' game shows but lots of people liked everything. I don't understand the complaints about the Jim Henson show -- it was entertaining. But I very much get the complaints about people hogging deck chairs all day. Not sure what Princess can do about it but it would be nice to see something. And those who felt their inside cabins were too small likely had a point. But people have complained here about having shower curtains in their cabins, having to reach a short distance for their toilet paper. only getting 15 (!) drinks a day with their drink packages, that the game shows were aimed at North Americans when they made up 90% of the passengers, not seeing the cruise director, or being charged for delivery of bath robes (that is just not believable). Then there were complaints about crowded elevators. What do you expect when lots of people are trying to get to dinner or somewhere else at the same time? It becomes even harder with all of the walkers and scooters on the ship. If you can, use the stairs. And, there are all the complaints about choosng Anytime Dining and then having to wait for a table. This is no different than going to a restaurant without a reservation. If you weren't clear on what Anytime Dining meant, you should have asked. But enough of my venting. As I said, it was a terrific trip with pretty good entertainment, good enough food and fine service. I should mention our excursions. We did 3 arranged by Princess which were all worth the extra cost that entails. The Grand Cayman snorkel trip was very well organized. The trip to Chichen Itza was long and expensive and only included just over an hour at the ruins. But we felt it was an excellent way to spend our onboard credit. But it won't be for everyone and there are other ruins to be seen at Cozumel and Roatan which take less time and money. But be warned that the ferry crossing from Cozumel to the mainland at Playa Del Carmen can be very rough and is not for everyone. We also did the afternoon beach excursion on St. Maarten. Many people want to the airport beach, where the planes scream in right over top of you. But it was very crowded. Our trip went to the next beach down the road, which was far quieter and had lots of chairs and free rum punch and fruit punch. We felt it was worth the extra expense, though you can likely get a private ride there. That's pretty much it from here. Keep the silly complaints to yourself and enjoy the Sky Princess.

Despite a few issues, a terrific trip

Sky Princess Cruise Review by Walk519