3. MSC Grandiosa
Like many people have mentioned about MSC ships - BEAUTIFUL SHIP, POOR EXPERIENCE. Let's start with the Pro: - very clean - excellent gym equipment - great stage/entertainment, top notch. - great design now the Cons: - no one knows the true answer to your questions. Wondering how your meal package works? Well you'll learn it through trial and error, just make sure you ask before they charge you for something without asking. - Daily promotions appearing on the App? Well when you ask the people at the respective department they haven't even heard about it, despite it being printed on all the daily itinerary provided by the ship. -What? Water is not free you say??? Well depending on your package water is free at SOME restaurants, but not others. Again does anyone really know the real answers? no - Review your bill before settling. I have talked to a couple of travelers who found extra charge on their bill to things they did not order. On our bill there were 2 Euros charged for MSC foundation. I donate generously every year to many causes, but applying any amount to my bill without prior consent is theft which I am not happy about at all. - Ironic how Customer Help desk has the WORST customer service. Our housekeeping crew = GREAT. Entertainment staff = funny and helpful!. Reception...cant say the same. Most of the time they seem uninterested and are at times condescending towards your questions. - Info preparing you for embarkment & disembarkment is simply non-existent. So how do I get to the port to board the ship? No info. So what are the disembarking procedures like? You'll find out when it happens. There was a shuttle? well if you're lucky you'll find it. Basically you're left in the dark, so if like me this is your first cruise, I hope you're good at dealing with stress. - onboard services are all pretty expensive. A single picture sets you back 20 euro...pretty steep in my opinion. Drink package...I'll just stick with water. -cirque du soleil at sea, subpar. If you've seen ANY other cirque shows at all...this would not match your expectation. But at 22 euro, it won't piss you off. I can go on, but overall I would expect more from a company that has been providing cruise services for a few decades. Sure it's a new ship, but training should not be new. My impression was, after a 7 day cruise, I am more knowledgeable about the cruise than most of the staff there and helped a couple of travelers answering their questions which they did not get an answer for from the cruise. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the cruise's many amenities and some part were truly enjoyable. BUT would I sail with MSC again? Probably not...IF MSC choose to address those communication issues then I'll give it another chance.

Poor guest communication, no one knew the answer

MSC Grandiosa Cruise Review by roubok

Let's start with the Pro:

- very clean

- excellent gym equipment

- great stage/entertainment, top notch.

- great design

now the Cons:

roubok’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Grandiosa price drops

Bella Inside Stateroom
Cabin I1
Cabin are clean and quite spacious. House-keeping staff are awesome. Shower is nice and hot. The on-board ZOE (like a google home/alexa) is pretty much useless. Only thing I use it for is to turn on the TV, but it doesn't even now how to switch channels or doesn't understand what you're asking 90% of time.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins