3. Carnival Fantasy
We booked this cruise last minute to have quick family getaway during the holiday weekend. This was my 10th cruise experience and by far the worst. I did my research on the ship ahead of time so I was aware it was Carnival's oldest ship. For this reason, I was not expecting a lot of beauty and activities that you'll experience on some of the newest or newly renovated ships. I was at least hoping that the service, food and entertainment was up to par but I was sadly disappointed. By looking at the exterior of the ship, you can see it is in need of an upgrade however, the interior main areas were comfortable. Our interior cabin had a strong odor of paint, visible dirt and dust on the walls and furniture. At times a sewer smell would be in the bathroom, and we experienced brown water coming from the faucets. Luckily we had bottled water which we used to wash and brush our teeth. The rooms do not come with a refrigerator. If you'd like one, you have to request one from guest services. They apparently have a limited supply and are only given to those that truly need it for health or dietary purposes. Food in the main dining room was average, the buffet food was often cold and unenjoyable. I am assuming due to the small size of the ship, I felt the motion of the ocean a lot than any other ship I've been on. I lost a drink one evening due to the shaking of our table. Our cruise director was great. The most fun was in the atrium and in the comedy club. Our cabin stewardess was good but the dining staff most evenings were very rude and had an awful tendency to reach over you without saying anything. I almost got elbowed in the face a few times. Photographers had this same poor behavior, sometimes, leaning over my guest just to snap a picture across the table. Thankfully, this was a 4 day cruise, it would have been miserable spending any more time on this ship. Usually, by the end of my cruise, I would want to add a few more days to continue my experience but I could not wait to get back on land being on this ship. I certainly do not recommend cruising on the Fantasy. Book one of Carnival's newer ships. Carnival should strongly consider removing this ship from the sea because I believe it will tarnish the Carnival brand. It is a poor representation of their service. I cruised on the Vista which was a great experience so I have experienced what Carnival has the potential to offer. However, if this was my first Carnival cruise, I would never want to cruise on Carnival again. So any first-time cruisers, save your coins and book on another ship or cruise line, otherwise I think this will ruin your thoughts on the whole cruising experience.

Time to Retire