3. Celebrity Infinity
Horrible dining room management and mediocre customer service basically ruined our cruise. I'll start with the Positives: Good price and value proposition Great itinerary with thoughtful destinations Good ship Good stateroom service Can have a great time without buying lots of extras Great food We did this as a big anniversary trip, but also needed to do it on a budget. Knowing we would be exploring most days and just crashing at nights, we got a basic interior cabin which had a good size and I never felt claustrophobic. The food itself was delicious and the buffet was above average. However - huge negative - the dining room service. First of all, their timing was horribly off, so that we had to wait over an hour on two different nights for tables. They simply couldn't time it properly with the shows. We went to customer service to complain and they told us that they would have the staff reach out to us. When we went back up, we were called. We were then told it was a mistake and we would have to wait more. When we asked for the maître d' he literally insulted me to my face and said he didn't care if we went to guest relations. Well, I went directly back there to let them know that I was just insulted to my face for no reason. (this was night one of the extended wait). On night two of the extended wait, we went back to guest relations and they were apologetic and got the restaurant manager above the maître d' and his solution was we were just supposed to call us for (for lack of a better term) a "fastpass" each night and he would *literally* sneak us in a back door to eat. Very unprofessional. We went multiple times to the guest relations to let them know how the dining room was one of the most important aspects for us of this cruise and we were very disappointed. Their solution was a future cruise credit with a very meager amount that expire in a year or so. We let them know that this really didn't due us any good because we only cruise ever 5 years or so. We told them we'd be happy with just one extra dinner in an upgraded restaurant. They "couldn't do that." So, at the end of the day had to negotiate (like buying a used car) to try to get a little more future cruise credit and get them to extend the expiration date for us so *maybe* we could use it. Overall, this cruise was a good value, and a nice ship, with good food. The itinerary was good. I can see why people may be brand loyal to Celebrity. However, that is not me, because I like brand that I know if there is a problem, then they will take care of me and make sure I am satisfied, especially, when the maître d' insults you. (They made him come apologize later, but it wasn't really sincere... he said he just "lost his temper" because he was "stressed" on a "busy night." NOT somebody you want in customer service.) I am really not sure if I will use the credit an cruise with them again. 6 months later I have a very bad taste in my mouth. It's hard to stomach that if you have a problem in a foreign country or middle of the ocean, the guest relations staff is really not capable of helping you solve a problem.

Horrible dining room management and mediocre customer service

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by butnotthehippo

I'll start with the Positives:

Good price and value proposition

Great itinerary with thoughtful destinations

Good ship

Good stateroom service

Can have a great time without buying lots of extras

Great food

However - huge negative - the dining room service.

butnotthehippo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

Inside Stateroom 10
Clean, bigger than expected. Not claustrophobic. Updated room, bathroom slightly dated. Functional and good use of space.
Deck 3 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins