3. Celebrity Edge
My wife and I have sailed on Solstice Class before and decided to see if the Edge was all that Celebrity said she was, despite a lot of negative comments / reviews by those that had sailed on her. I like to keep things short and to the point to here goes: PROs: We sailed in a Sky Suite. Love our cabin with the bed facing the water. Our stateroom attendant, Benedict was fantastic. The room was always clean and freshly appointed. Bathroom was fantastic. I loved the size of the shower area. Dining: Luminae was amazing as always. Service and food quality did not disappoint. Gynna always had a friendly smile for us and called us by name after the first day. I cant say enough positive things about our waiter, Tresi, her assistant, Elena were both amazing and did everything they could to make dining a wonderful experience. Our Sommelier, Yan, was outstanding. We are not very picky wine drinkers, my wife likes sweeter whites and I enjoy reds. She made recommendations and we took her advise every time. A most wonderful experience every time we dined there. Retreat Lounge: At first I was disappointed that there was no bar inside the lounged, especially since our first two sea days were very winding. But then I discovered Brandon and things changed greatly He was always there and always made a point of stopping by to make sure we did not need anything every time he saw us in the lounge. Lunch at the Retreat Bar was also fantastic. The 'sliders' they brought out and passed around even pleased my wife. CONs: Drinks & More - while it made grabbing anything from the refrigerator in the room quick and easy, I was a little disappointed that all of the items Celebrity says are available in the Mini-Bar were not initially stocked in our room. The hotel staff should pay closer attention to what is supposed to be in the rooms and make sure it is actually there. Why is it contingent upon customers to tell the Butler and or stateroom attendant what items are suppose to be provided? Shower: The cord needs to be just a little longer on the shower head. Was was unable to raise it as high as I felt it needed to be so I would wash my head without having to bend over (and I am only 6-foot tall) Furniture: Found the coffee table in our Sky Suite to be too low to be used for anything other than a place to put our feet or other items. Would be nice to be able to eat a meal in the suite without having to use our laps for a table. Balcony: I found the balcony to be too 'short' While there was a lounger on our balcony, it would only fit sideways so you had a choice of facing fore or aft and therefore did not use it at all. Disembarkation was a nightmare. Terminal 25 has become so dependent on the facial recognition system that when it fails, as it has done for our disembarkation, the resulting lines made for a very disappointing experience. One last note; Be prepared to do a lot of bending over. I am not sure why but all of the sinks in the public bathrooms and in our cabin seemed to sit lower than was I recall from other cruises. The soap dispensers in the public bathrooms are recessed such that you cannot not even see them unless you bend down and look underneath. Granted that after a day or two you get a feel for where they are without looking but I found it impossible to stand up straight to simply wash my hands. All in all we did have a wonderful cruise and have booked another sailing on Edge.

A New Perspective

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by DaKahuna

I like to keep things short and to the point to here goes:

PROs:

Bathroom was fantastic. I loved the size of the shower area.

CONs:

DaKahuna’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Edge price drops

Sky Suite
Cabin S1
Our cabin was wonderful, with the exception of the coffee table being too low to serve as a table to use for in cabin dining. The decor was very modern and we found both the couch and bed comfortable and too our liking.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins