3. Disney Dream
This is the 8th Disney cruise that the family has gone on. We’ve done 7 consecutive years around President’s Day weekend, and one Alaskan cruise. It’s difficult for me to assess whether or not the number of times we’ve gone has simply taken away from the overall experience, or if service has deteriorated a bit. First off, the ship is always in very good shape. It’s spotless. It’s appreciative that Disney takes such care in making sure that it’s ships look the way that they do. We commented about the Carnival ship that was docked at Port Canaveral, and how tired looking the ship looked. Different audience for sure, but I would think that you still want people coming back. We’ve been on the concierge level the past 5 or 6 cruises. It’s expensive for sure, but for us it’s worth not having to wait in some lines, and to essentially have our own concierge working for a select few. Allows for more time to do other things. The room on our level is always nice. The people who take care of our room have always been the best of the best. They certainly go out of their way to make sure that everyone is comfortable. Dining is another story. The servers are always polite, and suggestive. The food has gotten to be a little tired. Same menu year after year. They are always asking how the food and service is in the dining rooms. The service was good this year. It’s been better. Over time it just doesn’t feel as though the service is as warm as it’s been in the past. Again, not sure if we’ve reached the peak, and now there’s not much that Disney can do to provide the WOW that we had the first time we were on the ship. We choose Disney for the expereince(s) for the kids, and even that is getting a little tired (same shows, etc). We haven’t gotten off of the ship in Nassau for the past 3 years. We’ve done everything that we’ve wanted, so to me it’s not worth fighting the crowds. Five cruise ships docked in Nassau. As a result there are thousands of people that flock to Atlantis, which I’d be upset if I were staying there. To fight the crowds there isn’t worth the hassle anymore, and it’s already expensive to do anything over there. Disney’s private island is terrific. It’s always our favorite part of the cruise. We have reserved a cabana for the past several years. Again, something else that isn’t cheap, but it’s much more serene, especially as the kids get older. Plenty of activities on the island. Always a great day. We’ve decided not to “renew” our trip for next President’s Day. If we do go somewhere, via cruise, we’ll explore other cruise lines. Disney does a lot very, very well. Might be time to see what else is out there.

Going through the motions

Disney Dream Cruise Review by Mikeys23

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Bahamas

Mikeys23’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 16+
Get Disney Dream price drops

We’ve had the same room type for several years. We added a connecting room this year. Wanted a little more space for the older girls. Great room, but I will say that the Magic (Alaskan cruise) had a two-bedroom suite that was perfect for our family of five. I suppose that the goal of the room is to provide a bed, and make you get out and do things and spend money. Selfishly speaking, I like a little space as well.
  Disney Dream Deck Plans