• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Coral Princess Review

Editor Rating
52 Awards

Dream of a life time to visit the Antarctica

Review for Coral Princess to Antarctica
Debbie Russell
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Oceanview Obstructed

I couldn't believe my luck when a trip to the Antarctica came up. I was saying the night before to my husband that we would not be visiting this part of the world because it was way too expensive, then BINGO the Coral Princes was cruising down this part of the world with a few stops on the way and on the way back. (at an affordable price)

Our cabin was extremely comfortable and we were on the 8th level which was very convenient. The laundry was also on our level which was a bonus to be able to wash and dry our clothes.

The ship was spotless and the crew looked and behaved very professional.

Oceanview Obstructed

Our cabin was extremely comfortable. The bed and pillows are super super comfortable so cuddly. The cabin was cleaned everyday and felt fresh on return from time on the deck etc.

Very happy with our accomodation.

Port Reviews

Stanley

At Port we decided to take a shuttle bus out to Gyspy Cove at a cost of $20.00 per head to see the Magellanic penguins. The trip takes about 15 minutes and you can spend as long as you like here as there are buses to and from all day.

The cove is the nearest penguin colony and bird life. Great spot and great walks.

Then we walked around Port Stanley and took in the history. Excellent day.

Ushuaia (Tierra del Fuego)

We took a local taxi into Tierra del Fuego at a cost of $120.00. This included fees into the National Park. Our driver was amazing (spoke English). He took us to all the sites, walking tracks and the train station. Very relaxed day with no rush. On the way back to town he took us to the Ushuais sign and drove us around town pointing out various sites.

What a beautiful and relaxed place the End of the World is and very thankful to our driver.

Excellent Value and if you would like his name let me know.

Punta Arenas

I really have no comment on this place. We decided to do the walking tour which was a waste of time as there is nothing to look at except grafitti burned out buiildings and smashed windows. Not sure if this was because of turmoil in Chile at the moment.

Buenos Aires

Did not visit this city

Montevideo

This City was nice with quite a bit of history. The market near the port was full of hype around lunch time with the BBQ meats. Very lively

8 Helpful Votes