3. Norwegian Escape
My husband and I are former crew members on a different cruise line so have lots of experience crushing. We were 2 families travelling with young children ages 3 and 5. We chose this cruise for the price, the ports, and the Kids amenities. Embarkation in Miami was a long process unfortunately due to them being extra cautious as a result of Coronavirus. Once on-board everything was smooth. The rooms were ready and the luggage didn’t take long to arrive. We were in cabin 13296. Room size and balcony were good. A little rocky at the top back of the ship. Overall a decent room, would probably try to get a cabin midship next time. Ports (Roatan, Harvest Caye, Costa Maya, Cozumel) were pretty typical of the Carribbean. There was a medical emergency on the first sea day unfortunately so we were about 3 hours late arriving to the first port. They did adjust the departure time by a couple of hours to compensate. The downsides were the tendering. The tendering at Harvest Caye and Cozumel took sooooo long. I know tendering takes long generally but this is longer than I have ever experienced. Organized, but unfortunately due to the large size of the tenders and the shear number of passengers, it just took way too long. I would estimate an hour or more in each direction. If you were on the tender first you often had to wait 30-45 minutes for it to fill up and then sometimes another 15-20 for everyone to get off depending on where you are sitting on the tender. We didn’t have a beverage or dining package and did not book in any of the additional restaurants. We were completely satisfied with the buffet and other main/complimentary dining rooms. Staff was friendly and accommodating all around. Kids pool, ropes course, and water slides were good. Splash Academy was also excellent for the children. We didn’t get a chance to take everything in since we had young children, but what we did see if the entertainment was excellent. Choir of Man and Howl at the Moon were excellent. Choir of Man is different than most other cruise ship shows and I loved it!!!! We did not do any shore excursions and booked taxis in each port to beaches and resorts.

Great family cruising