3. Vasco da Gama (Cruise & Maritime Voyages)
Day we got on the cruise I turned on the air-conditioner, to the highest temperature only to find out that it wasn’t working. I then decided to have a shower and found that there was no hot water. The technician arrived approximately 2 hours later to repair the shower. It was really disappointing because we had a long day and needed to shower and retire. After the repair to the shower the bath was left with black debris which was not cleaned up by the technician. I went to the Shore Excursion desk and spoke with the female Deputy Officer to ask if there was a shuttle bus provided in Broome. The deputy said that I had to wait for the program to be released that evening to find out this information. I felt that the deputy was rude, because all I needed was a simple yes or no to my question. I’ve been on 10 cruises and the staff have always been very polite and helpful. This was very unprofessional and unnecessary. We paid to go on an day excursion to Kuta, by shuttle bus. We were told to sit in the Hollywood lounge until we were called to proceed to deck 3. When we reached deck 3 an officer swiped our cruise card and we were told to stop, because we had a balance owing and that we were disembarking in Kuta? We explained to the officer that we don’t have a balance owing, because we check our account daily and were not disembarking. He said that we had to go to the reception office on the 6th floor to sort it out. We were so embarrassed and humiliated in front of all the other passengers in the queue, because we knew that we didn’t have a balance outstanding and we were returning to the ship that afternoon. The officer didn’t offer to call the reception office to check what the problem was, instead they sent us all the way back to the 6th floor We had to struggle getting through the crowd to make our way back to the 6th floor, only to find out that we have a credit balance owing to us. The receptionist advised that the steward gave them the wrong cabin number. We were in cabin 4071 and the guest who were in cabin 4051 were the ones who needed to sort out the problem with reception. On our way back to deck 3 we once again had to get through the crowd which were hostile and accused us of jumping the queue adding further humiliation to our already embarrassing situation. We were afraid of missing the shuttle bus and didn’t feel that we had to queue up again since it was the fault of your staff. Who provided the information to the officer at the gangway at level 3? Are your computers not able to provide this information to the officer at level 3? Who logs the information into your computer because reception said that the steward gave them the information (the incorrect information). You must have a list of all the guests disembarking at various ports in your computer, so why was this information not checked and double checked before humiliating your guest? The dress code that evening was “informal” at the Waterfront restaurant, as per the program provided to us. The manager dressed in white pointed to my husband and said long pants tonight. He didn’t say “excuse me” and address me in a professional manner, to ask me to go and change my clothing. My husband turned and left to change his pants, only to return and find many others guests in the dining room wearing board short and thongs. Once again we were humiliated in front of the guests because of the manner in which he addressed us. The following evening we returned to the Waterfront restaurant and asked the deputy manager if we could have a word with the manager. When he arrived I asked if we could step aside so we could speak with him privately. I told him that he needed to redeem himself for the manner in which he addressed us. I told him he embarrassed us and humiliated us in front of the guests who were behind us. He explained that the supervisors, didn’t notify the restaurant staff that the dress code was informal. They only told staff later that evening what the dress code was, however we had the early dinner seating. I find it very unusual that the guests are required to read the programs to find out what is going on, however your staff don’t know what is going on. He explained that he went to all the guests wearing shorts and apologised to them, however he didn’t apologise to us while we were having our 3 course meal. He finally apologised to us, however I didn’t find it sincere because he didn’t apologise to my husband that evening, when he apologised to all the other guests. He said that he couldn’t find us in the restaurant, but found all the guests. He didn’t even bother to enquire what our names are while speaking to us. He asked that we don’t report this to the management. On the day we were disembarking and we were told to vacate the cabin by 7am and to proceed to deck 6, because we had the express disembarkation. There were no signs directing us where to queue. An officer came and demanded that we move bags out of the way because he needed to set up. He grabbed bags and put them on the other side. These were not our bags, so we were shocked to hear him yell to us move! Move these bags! I need to set up. Once again this officer was so unprofessional in his approach to us as your guests. When disembarking the same officer said Good Morning to me in a cheerful voice. I told him it’s a little too late to greet us after how he had treated us just a few minutes ago, yelling to us to move bags. I believe as a paying guest we should not be treated by your staff in this manner. I have to bring this to your attention as I would like you to address my complaints and teach your staff how to be professional. You can be proud of your cabin stewards and cleaners, who were always so polite and treated us with utmost respect.

WORST CRUISE EVER! (OUR 10TH CRUISE)

Vasco da Gama (Cruise & Maritime Voyages) Cruise Review by cruiser_sam

cruiser_sam’s Full Rating Summary
Get Vasco da Gama (Cruise & Maritime Voyages) price drops

no aircon, shower was dirty