• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Dustoff70
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Balcony

Chose this cruise sailing from Sydney to see the Fiordlands unfortunately we were not told that there is only a small chance to see them, Apparently the ships are often denied entry to the Fiords because of possible weather. So of course we did get to see that portion. Had we known about this we would not have booked.

On the first night we tried the dining room (Botticelli) the Chef in there was either unwilling or unable to meet our dining needs (we are vegan) and he served us a plate with 6 or so slices of carrot the same amount of onion and a little cabage and an item I am allergic to ( allergy and vegan status known at time of booking) which could have made me violently ill. so could only eat in the Horizon court which had a small amount of choice which was labelled as vegan, mainly curries.

Compared to other ships (Carnival Legend and Spirit) we have sailed on the majority of staff on this ship were rude and dismissive and often just ignored any attempt at answering questions. The cabin stewards on the other hand were excellent. To draw another comparison prices on this ship were inflated and at one stage when checking my account I found a small ($2.00) per person in cabin charge and was told it was a "Non Mandatory" charge to some New Zealand community charity. A small amount to be sure but without prior approval I consider it theft.

Balcony

Average balcony cabin compared to 2 different ships.

Port Reviews

Akaroa

Did not stop due to weather

We did NOT get to see the Fiordlands of New Zealand