3. Norwegian Escape
We chose this cruise because we wanted to try Norwegian for the first time after a few other family members and friends tried and liked it. Exploring the port: We weren't able to really explore the Miami area prior to embarkation/disembarkation. The process of Embarkation and Disembarkation was easy. When disembarking, there was only one gangway available, which made the line to exit the ship super long. But it was very organized and flowed beautifully. Thoughts on the ship: It was absolutely beautiful and massive with plenty of activities and entertainment on board. Jacky & Krystal (our Cruise Directors) were extremely engaged and visible! You could easily walk the Waterfront, or sit in one of the many couches on it and take in stunning views of the ocean. In addition, the sunsets are breathtaking! Ports of Call: During our trip, we encountered a delay to our first port because of a medical emergency (which we completely understood and were totally okay with.) Our second and fourth ports of call either had clearance issues or delayed tenders (although the distance between the port and the ship was less than two miles). At one point, my return trip took about an hour or so. Our first and third ports were extremely enjoyable with no hassle. Service: The service on-board was okay - there were a few folks that were extremely friendly, but some that were not so friendly. At times, we felt that some crew members were slightly irritated. Food/Drinks: We ate in the Garden Cafe a lot during the cruise; however, we also ate in the main dining room as well as some of the specialty dining options. The cafe was okay and had a number of options. At one point, I got tired of . We did notice that at times the food was just warm. We tried both Moderno and O'Sheehans, and absolutely LOVED the food and experience! In addition, we made our way to Food Republic - it was really good; however, I felt that some of the options were lacking and some items were slightly higher than they probably should have been. We did the unlimited beverage package - while it was really good and worth it, I found that at times that the same drinks were made differently and tasted differently. Would we repeat?: After sailing with RCI, and Carnival, we would sail with Norwegian again. I came in with higher expectations that I actually experienced, it could have been better, but it also could have been a lot worse.

A series of unfortunate events

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by bbjames7

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom

bbjames7’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Inside Stateroom
Cabin IF
The cabin was extremely spacious, cozy, and nice.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins