MSC Bellissima Cruise Review

Disappointed on So Many Levels

MSC Bellissima Cruise Review by The Bone

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Middle East

I thought this a good time as any to write this review, as I’m lying in bed listening to the clanking and pounding coming from above our cabin.

Disappointment began departure day. They had the wrong boarding time listed on our e tkts and we could have checked in about 4 hrs earlier. Fortunately, we didn’t miss check in completely.

This is a new Billion dollar ship. They should have spent a little more and provided a chair or small couch in our cabin. We have a very small stool and a bed. Yet there is enough room for a loveseat. Storage area is severely lacking. By far the least of any of the 25 cruises I have taken.

Be aware of the liquor package. We paid $490 USD each, plus 15%, for the EASY package. The only East thing about this package is the extremely limited options the bartenders need to worry about. We are limited to a cap of 6 Euros for a drink. That gives us 1 choice of beer, 4 poor quality choices of wine, about 6 kinds of mixed drinks, soft drinks and bottled water. If I asked for a drink priced higher, I could not pay the difference, I have to pay the complete higher price. They offered to upgrade me to the next premium package for another 10 euro per day. My wife only drinks wine, and they would not allow just 1 of us to upgrade the package. We bought our package in advance but had we waited until on board, we would have paid about $70 USD less per person. They are very pushy with their up sells on the liquor and dining packages. Almost like a time share sale.

I also find the price for the Dining experience to be quite high in the Specialty restaurants. If you want to order a steak or lobster tail at the regular dinner seating, it’s not included and costs 20-24 Euro. I’ve always had an option of a Caesar salad at the sit down dinner. Here it’s available only every few days.

Our cabin is directly below the room service make up area. We are in 11276. Do not stay in this room. They prepare 24 hrs a day and it’s constantly banging, rolling cart noises and clanking. . I asked to be moved and will find out tomorrow if they will accommodate us. We have 12 more nights to try and get some sleep.

The Casino games are very limited. There is NO poker available and the minimum bet on blackjack is 10 Euro.

This is the third cruise for me with MSC. We have enjoyed the previous 2 and have another booked from

Italy in June. I will be Good Level status after this trip. The ship itself is beautiful with lots to offer everyone. Easy to get around. Entertainment is good. It’s early in our cruise, and I hope we don’t find any more major disappointments.

The Bone's Full Rating Summary