3. Costa Victoria
We had a great holiday but it’s the worst ship we have been on. The bars are so boring and old fashioned. No waiting staff at breakfast or pool deck or even in the theatre, even though we paid £300 in tips. Very poor entertainment, not much of it. All parties started very late. All the food was cold, I complained many times, I had upset stomach most of the trip. Very poor manners from Italians and Indians, pushing in. Sun bathing towels was a joke. From 6 am people put towels out, some had 3 beds each, 1 in the sun, 1 in shade plus a sofa and chairs. Great itinerary. Unhelpful reception staff. Lots of cuing for passports and e visas over 1.5 hours for worst time. Tips must be paid, way to much. We upgraded to the club restaurant at €420, it was beautiful and away from the bun fight below. But the food was still cold most of the time. You cannot serve luke warm rice and prawns. Hardly anyone used hand sanitiser, even though corona virus is rife. Great holiday but I don’t like the ship. Happy to be off. I won’t be using costa again.

Good itinerary poor ship.

Costa Victoria Cruise Review by deanstaniland

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Africa
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Classic
We had a great holiday but it’s the worst ship we have been on.

The bars are so boring and old fashioned.

Very poor entertainment, not much of it. All parties started very late.

Very poor manners from Italians and Indians, pushing in.

Great itinerary.

Unhelpful reception staff.

Lots of cuing for passports and e visas over 1.5 hours for worst time.

Tips must be paid, way to much.

Hardly anyone used hand sanitiser, even though corona virus is rife.

deanstaniland’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Victoria price drops

Balcony Classic
Cabin BC
Nice cabin, great balcony. Shower curtain instead of an enclosure. Nice.
Tosca Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins