• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Jlwillerson
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin: Aurea Balcony Stateroom

I really wanted to love this ship. The pictures of it are lovely and it is a beautiful, modern, new ship. That is where the positive things about this ship end. The layout of it is just horrible. The food is the same thing every day on the buffet. The food in the dining room was hit or miss but our waiter Stewart and his assistant Danilo were awesome and they are the reason we went to the dining room for dinner every night except for one. The ports of call were ok but getting there at 5:00 pm is pointless. The room was a joke to say the least. It was called a suite but far from it. For the money I paid to go on the Seaside I paid the exact same on the Allure of the seas and got a real suite with a real bathroom, plenty of storage, a suite lounge, and a concierge. To say nothing of not ever seeing the cabin attendant much less knowing his name. I did find a shirt from the previous guest under the bed the night before we left which makes me wonder how wonder how well it was cleaned in the first place. At night you could hear things banging around and lots of excess noise especially considering how new the ship is. The Auera bar was hardly ever open and of course no one tells you that you can only order drinks from a menu. Getting off of the ship was a huge disaster taking over an hour to walk off of the boat with your luggage. I have never been on a ship that was so unorganized and mismanaged in all of my life, and I take a cruise every 6 months.

Aurea Balcony Stateroom

Small cramped room with no storage space and even less space in the bathroom. Most definitely not a suite. This is the first time in a long time I haven't been able to unpack my stuff because there was no place to put it.

Port Reviews

St. Thomas

Took a tour of the island on our own. I was a little apprehensive about taking one in an open air truck because I was worried that it would be hot but it turned out to be quite breezy and nice.

Nassau

The beach was beautiful and you can get there cheap. My advice is to take a private taxi there instead of the ferry. We took the ferry there and a taxi back. They each cost 4.00 dollars and on the tax there isn't any diesel fumes that you have to smell.

2 Helpful Votes