Carnival Liberty Cruise Review

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by shelnj18

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Went down for a long weekend visiting family and decided to extend our visit by booking a 4 night cruise on Carnival. Had a blast! Although we have cruised many times before, this is our third cruise on Carnival. From the time we arrived at the port, until the time we were sitting at a table nears Guys' was probably less than twenty minutes. Painless embarkation. Absolutely loved MarQ the CD. He was always a ball of energy! We enjoyed all of the food venues...especially Guy's Burgers. Pizza Pirate was ok but as a New Yorker, any pizza outside of the NY/NJ area leaves something to be desired. Wait staff in the dining rooms were attentive. We enjoyed the little shows every night. What I didn't like was that the maitre'd kept reminding us about filling out the survey that we would get at home and hoped his staff would receive 10's. We enjoyed the sea day brunch. We had an inside cabin on deck 1 which seemed roomier than the ones we have had on NCL. Excellent service from the stewards who always called us by name. We did not take any excursions and mostly hung out at the adult pool in the back of the ship. I was very impressed with the lifeguards who actually told parents that it was an adults only area and that their children weren't allowed in the pool or hot tubs. On other ships that has not been enforced. The shows were good. We especially liked the music trivia with MarQ in the lobby. Lots of fun! Disembarkation was not as efficient as embarkation but still not terrible. Went to the comedy club and wasn't impressed with the PG comedian. I understand that the over 18 show was better. I believe that I had seen the first comedian previously and didn't enjoy his show at that time either so I guess it is personal taste. Overall, we had a great time and I would cruise on the Liberty again!

shelnj18's Full Rating Summary

Interior

Interior cabin that was roomier than those we have had on other ships. Lots of drawer and closet space. Johnny and Mary were awesome room stewards. They were always calling us by name and made sure we had whatever we needed...and more!

shelnj18