3. National Geographic Explorer
I have always wanted to visit Antarctica and chose National Geographic because of their outstanding reputation. Nat Geo exceeded my expectations and then some. I can't say enough about the total experience. Seeing Antarctica was like being on another world. There are not enough superlatives to describe the journey. The icebergs were magnificent, the penguins adorable, the whales were incredible. The Nat Geo naturalists, experts, divers, scientists and photographers informed us, challenged us and transmitted their love of nature and the Antarctic. The ship and it's crew were outstanding. The food was good and drinks were included. Internet was spotty but that was to be expected given out location. Besides, part of the experience was to be totally in the moment without contact with the daily cares. It was a relief to avoid news for the entire trip. The Drake Passage was not as intimidating as advertised. Every passenger onboard would say that minor seasickness was totally worth it. I urge everyone to go and experience this magical place.

The trip of a lifetime!

National Geographic Explorer Cruise Review by ERLevinJD

ERLevinJD’s Full Rating Summary
Get Lindblad Expeditions National Geographic Explorer price drops

Extremely comfortable cabin with good sized bathroom and shower. The beds convert from double to twin.