3. Norwegian Sky
My two daughters, age 5 and 8, and I sailed on the Norwegian Sky departing Miami on January 24, 2020. My husband had a work commitment at home, so encouraged us to take a mom's getaway trip. From the moment that we arrived at the Pier we found the NCL staff helpful and kind. Our check in process was quick and efficient. Our room butler, Maria, met us shortly after checking into the pier and helped us get onto the ship. Maria was THE BEST! She truly made this a trip of a lifetime for my girls and I. She was professional, kind, and took tremendous pride in her job. Once on board we were escorted to a lounge for suite guests and offered a drink while we waited for our room. At this point, our concierge, Efron, introduced himself to us. Efron was another member of the NCL who far exceeded our expectations. Efron was amazing, helpful, kind and so thoughtful to my girls and I. NCL is very lucky to have him on their team. Shortly after being on the boat we were offered to have lunch in the suite guests lunchroom. The steakhouse specialty restaurant, Cagney's, is open to guests who have a suite for breakfast and lunch. We frequently used this as our dining options for both breakfast and lunch and found the service and food to be outstanding. All of the servers in the suite dining room were top notch and quickly got to know us and called us by name, got to know our preferences quickly and made sure that they treated us like valued guests. It was by far one of our favorite perks of booking a suite. Our Room- We booked a Forward-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony on the 8th floor. Our room was well appointed, fantastic storage, clean, very comfortable beds, amazing large deck, a jetted bath tub (big hit with my five year old), wonderful shower with outstanding water pressure and plenty of room for our family. Our room stewart was also very kind and did a great job everyday. Food- Overall the food on board was very good. We often ate our breakfast and lunch meals at the steakhouse reserved for suite guests. However, a few days we chose to do pizza by the pool which was very good, and we tried the buffet (Garden Grill) one day. At dinner two nights we had credits for specialty dining. We chose to try the French restaurant and the steakhouse. Both meals in the Specialty restaurants were very good. OUTSTANDING service in the steakhouse and good service in the French restaurants. The MDR restaurants were also relatively good. Only one meal did we encounter poor service and so-so food. The Ship- The Norwegian Sky is a smaller ship which made it easy to get around and felt like home very quickly. The ship is very clean, has lots of helpful signage to point you in the correct direction and never felt too crowded. The Pools- The pools on board are VERY cold and even my girls, who love to swim, struggled to want to get into the water and play. On one of the nicer, warmer days, we went back up to the pools and found it very difficult to find even one chair that wasn't occupied with a towel, magazine, or beach bag. So many chairs were reserved without anyone occupying them. This was frustrating to see. Kids Club- OUTSTANDING!! The staff at Kid's Club, also known as Splash Academy, were wonderful, gifted teachers who engaged children in thoughtful activities and truly cared about making sure that each child was having fun, while being safe at the same time. Internet- I purchased, before boarding the ship, the unlimited streaming (Netflix, video services) package. The internet on board with this package worked well about 45-50% of the time. I was disappointed with the speed, consistency and quality of the internet. I had a tough time watching Netflix, unless, I had already downloaded my episode prior to logging in. I'm not sure I got good value from the internet package I purchased. Overall- Overall we had a truly spectacular vacation and created memories of a lifetime. We left feeling as if we have friends for life with some of the amazing crew from NCL. The staff on NCL Sky is what exceeded our expectations and is what draws us to coming back to sail with NCL again. Thank you NCL for treating my girls and I with such sincere love and respect.

Exceptional customer service

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by klp7301

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Bahamas

It was by far one of our favorite perks of booking a suite.

klp7301’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 7 to 9
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Excellent cabin with fantastic storage, impressive water pressure in the shower, very comfortable King bed, and huge deck.
  Norwegian Sky Deck Plans