Sapphire Princess Cruise Review

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by Bob g J

• Sail Date: Jan 2020
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

I will start by saying I know the Sapphire is an older ship but should it be tatty and basically uncared for. It was in for a refit 18 months ago but what did they do?

Plus I feel that the condition of the ship had rubbed off on some of the staff, especially the team on the customer service desk. They were in fact on one occasion confrontational. These members of the team are the face of Princess and they should be good listeners and understanding of problems that may occur while the cruise is happening, and try and resolve things.. the main problem was drinks being added on to my account every time I brought one drink, two drinks were added to my account. I was told by the customer service team it can’t happen I was told I must of ordered two drinks. The problem with Princess is that you don’t sign for your drink, you just order a drink and it’s added to your account.

I will say the food, the cabin and the Sanctuary were excellent apart for the $4 charge each for food served in the Sanctuary, we got our own from the buffet after.

Going back to the condition of Sapphire the glass around the ship was dirty in areas it had blackened both inside and out. Areas that needed shade from the sun they had stuck plastic shields in places around the ship including on the bridge, this plastic was coming unstuck and it was flapping in the breeze.

Bob g J's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

It was ok nothing special

Bob g J