3. Island Princess
We took the Seattle package for our cruisetour. We rode a bus to Vancouver to start the cruise and at the end of the tour we flew from Alaska to Seattle, spent the night at the Doubletree before going home. The bus was held up at the Seatac airport and didn't leave until 10:45am. The embarkation process was a bit over whelming but we were first timers so that could have been the problem. Once on the ship, I met our cabin steward and was told that the egg crate mattress cover and our robes were not available until tomorrow morning. He did empty our refrig and put on a top sheet for the bed. I asked for wine glasses and he told me he would call room service for me. I felt bad, I really didn't know I had to call room service. But other than that snag it was great. We ate at the buffet, the dining room, pizza, the grill and had room service once. All was good. The buffet had MANY choices. I ended up taking little bites of many things. There were at least a dozen desserts to chose from. And the service in the dining room was excellent. The dining room had several different things to select from and the portions were not overly large. So you could order an appetizer, salad, entree and dessert without feeling stuffed. I bought the Ultimate Drink Card and was pleased with my purchase. I had a smoothie every day for breakfast. There were always things to do, entertainment, lectures, etc. The crew tried to please you. We went on a land tour, very nice and organized. They gave you packets at each stop with your room keys so didn't have to check in - Nice. We saw Mt McKinley it its full glory for the day and a half we were there. We went to Denali and saw wildlife. The only hitch was at Denali, the men in our group did the Black Diamond ATV ride and were hugely disappointed. It was not worth the $$. The ride was short, they really just went up a hill and around a small trail. The rain/mud slickers they gave them to wear were dirty with mud splashes. We thought it would be in a part of Denali but it was just a piece of property down the road.

North to Alaska

Rates
Get Island Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BF E305
Loved the balcony. Yes the bathrooms are small but then again you are on a ship. Food was great, if you could find anything to eat I believe it would be you own fault. The whole crew was nice and tried to make your time special.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins