3. Norwegian Encore
I have always wanted to sail on a new ship so that's why we selected this cruise. I have always sailed Celebrity or Royal Carribean and this was our first Norwegian cruise. Like many of the other reviews have stated this ship is WAY too crowded. Good luck getting a spot at the pool or on the sun deck if you want to sleep in. We tried many times to find chairs to lay in and we failed all but once and it was in the late afternoon. We ended up sitting on our balcony which was luckily getting sun. All of the public areas felt crowded except for the activities that were an upcharge. Speaking of activities and upcharges, I really felt like I was being nickeled and dimed on this entire cruise. Since every activity had a cost and they weren't that great after doing them once there was nothing to do and no space to hang out by the pool. The only redeeming thing about this ship is that it has a cigar lounge where I spent many hours since there wasn't much else to do. The food is what you would expect on a cruise, nothing exceptional but pretty good. Now on to the most annoying part. The ship itself. I have never been on a cruise with such smooth seas, I'm talking glass smoothe, not a wave in sight almost the entire time, and somehow this ship was still moving/rocking quite a bit. Myself and the other guests couldn't figure out why. There was also a constant very annoying mechanical vibration. The table cloth on the dinner table would shake, I would shake as I laid in bed, the one time we were on the pool deck we were shaking in our lounge chairs. One of the old-timers I spoke with actually timed the vibrations as it was bothering him and his wife. I could keep going but it is getting too long already, I would not recommend this cruise ship to anyone.

I would not sail on this ship again, wish I selected a different ship.

Norwegian Encore Cruise Review by danmck11